Need a new case, suggestions?

I've got a budget of about $100 with a little bit of breathing room (so $125 prolly isn't out of the question) but I *need* to get rid of the acrylic case I'm using now. The case simply does not breathe well, and some of the mounting pins for the motherboard are starting to give up on life.

My goals with this next case are to move to water cooling about a year in the future, but for the moment I'd like to keep and possibly increase my OC on air. Most likely I'll be running two HD 5000 series ATI cards with my GTX 275 being pushed over to physx duty come spring (unless a fermi card is cheaper than equivalent dual radeons and performs about the same or better). I'll be thus moving to a new PSU, and preferably my next case will have a bottom-mount for that. I do require at least a mid-tower, full tower preferred though (when hasn't extra space inside been a good thing?)

I've been looking at cases like the Azza Solano, Cooler Master HAF, Xclio Windtunnel... This is the first time I've been serious about a case just being more than a container for computer parts, though, so I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for or if there are others out there that might be worth checking out, too.

So given the budget and tiny list of preferences, what would you guys suggest going with?

Double your budget and get something you'll like. I just got an Corsair 800D and it is ... the favorite part of my system.

Double your budget and get something you'll like. I just got an Corsair 800D and it is ... the favorite part of my system.

+1, water cooling, dual 5000 series and a gtx 275, I would go with the 800D.

Yeah, budget should be considered around $125 for me =/ I had wanted an 800D but there isn't any way the 800D will keep my components twice as cool. I need a new PSU (on a borrowed one), and I have to make a trip out to California so the budget went out the window.

I will be running the GTX 275 for awhile and might end up with a single top-end HD5000-series GPU come summer instead, but I'd like to be running 2x 5850+GTX 275. We'll see how everything plays out.

Back