Need a new phone that can play MTG: Arena and Diablo Immortal...

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I have Spectrum Mobile Phone service and I am looking for a new phone that can play Magic the Gathering: Arena and Diablo Immortal and other games. I don't think I will be playing games alot on the phone other than these 2, but it would be nice if it were capable.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy A13 5g, I can not get either of the games I want to play to install on it. I am thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S23, they have it for $16.66 or maybe the Motorola razr+ at $22.22 a month (More of a bling item, but I think it would be really cool to have), I really do not want to pay any more than that. Also I really need to stay with Spectrum and make payments, I am on disability with bad credit and Spectrum has always been really good when it comes time for me to upgrade.

Also I do not want an iOS device as I am use to Android and the last time I tried an iPhone I was so lost I promptly exchanged it for an Android phone. :)

Thanks
Diablo2k

Either one of the phones you listed will be able to rip through just about anything you throw at it, as both are at or near to flagship levels, so no worries there....and if you can get either of them with the deal you mentioned, I would say go for it...

However, for gaming, I would lean towards the Sammy, and perhaps check on what deal you could get on the plus or ultra models, since they have a little bigger screens, but I understand the budget constraints too :)

Either one of the phones you listed will be able to rip through just about anything you throw at it, as both are at or near to flagship levels, so no worries there....and if you can get either of them with the deal you mentioned, I would say go for it...

However, for gaming, I would lean towards the Sammy, and perhaps check on what deal you could get on the plus or ultra models, since they have a little bigger screens, but I understand the budget constraints too :)
Thank you. I went to the Spectrum store and I seen the S23, it is to small, and the only color for the S23+ they had was Lavender, Also the Moto razr+ was not in stock. I am doing there "Early Upgrade" and I have to do it in store so I have to accept what ever phones they have in stock. They did have one Google Pixel 7 in black and that is what I got. The Playstore allowed me to install both games, but I have not had the chance to play them yet.

[Damn, the new phone is installing a security update, it is 471MB. What the heck, lol!]

Cool, congrats !

The P7 is comparable to the Razr more or less, but not really that close the S23+ or Ultra, at least from a pure performance point anyways, but still a great phone overall.. I had thought about getting a P7P, but they failed to come thru with a decent trade in amount for my S21+, so I am keeping it for now :)

The 7 and 7pro both have the same processor however the pro has 12gb Ram compared to the 8 on the 7. I don't know if the extra ram helps in gaming or not.

I finally got to try out Diablo Immortal for about 1 minute of game play. It looks very playable but I don't know about the controls, looks like it might have a steep learning curve sense there's no tactile feel to it. I have never really played a game like this on a phone before. I will play a longer when I get some time and see.

I am looking for a wireless charging stand for this phone. I found this but it is only 15watts and the phone supports 20watt wired and wireless charging. I was wondering if there were any like it with at least 20watt charging. I seen some cool "Mag-Safe" charging stands. But those are for iPhones only. I like that the angle is adjustable and I can plug it in for data while it's in the upright position.
Also what would be some good 20+ watt wall chargers that don't cost alot. I like the Anker ones, they have a 30watt version for about $20 each. Also I need some USB-C to USB-C cables, almost all the ones I have are USB-A to USB-C. I need various lengths.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Also what would be some good 20+ watt wall chargers that don't cost alot. I like the Anker ones, they have a 30watt version for about $20 each. Also I need some USB-C to USB-C cables, almost all the ones I have are USB-A to USB-C. I need various lengths.
I've always had really good luck with Anker's stuff, be it cables, chargers, hubs whatever, but also uGreen & Monoprice too, but only if you get them thru da Zon to avoid the high shipping costs....

I've always had really good luck with Anker's stuff, be it cables, chargers, hubs whatever, but also uGreen & Monoprice too, but only if you get them thru da Zon to avoid the high shipping costs....
What is da Zon? never heard of it, guess I am off to Google it :D I remember back when Anker use to have really good stuff for cheap, but at least it is still good stuff!

[edit] Google was no help, I saw some stuff about a sports streamer and some other stuff I didn't find relevant.

Last edited:
What is da Zon? never heard of it, guess I am off to Google it :D I remember back when Anker use to have really good stuff for cheap, but at least it is still good stuff!

[edit] Google was no help, I some some stuff about a sports streamer and some other stuff I didn't find relevant.
He means Amazon, :).

Back