need a web analyser

Leb_CRX

Gawd
can anyone recommend one they've used and thats good?

not looking at having a log file parser...but something that resides off site since installing anything on that server is a no-go

web analyzer, like, web traffic analysis?

I use Google Analytics for my personal sites / projects.

Google Analytics seems pretty popular now - it's free & provides good data analysis. The only catch is that you're giving your data to a 3rd party (which, obviously, is making their own use/profit from the data).

web analyzer, like, web traffic analysis?

I use Google Analytics for my personal sites / projects.

ya

how is google analytics? the demo made it seem very $ driven, and thats not the case for the client, they just want to be able to able to determine web traffic patterns, in's and out's, and ideally looking for the best package

two votes already? lol

maybe I'll have to take a closer look at the google analytics.

thanks guys

To my knowledge they only do that if you opt in and allow them access.

ya

how is google analytics? the demo made it seem very $ driven, and thats not the case for the client, they just want to be able to able to determine web traffic patterns, in's and out's, and ideally looking for the best package

Not a single website of mine is money driven. Google just demonstrates it that way because that's their market.

It lets you see most visited pages, length of visit, click path, geography of user base, repeat visits, etc etc etc. It also lets you set up conversions. For instance, on my portfolio website I have a conversion that tracks if a user submits feedback on my contact form. That's a very simple conversion though, it can be used to track sales of specific products, or following specific click paths, and a lot more.

Even though (to me) it feels fairly limited, it is pretty complex once you dig into it.

Back