Need Advice on Headset for PS3 on PC monitor

Savi

Gawd
Hi think I am posting this in the right thread if not sorry.

I bought a PS3 few months ago mainly for Bluray and a few games but mainly movies. I have not been using it much because I have it hooked up to my PC monitor (Samsung T240HD) I have some cheap PC speakers hooked up to the Mic jack on the side of the monitor for now when I play games or watch movies. But I want a head set and no idea what I should get. Would like to use them for voice over incase I ever use it on PS3.

I am in a wheelchair and I don’t like to unplug and repulg stuff as I need, I try to set it up once and use it like that best I can. I use Zalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 head set for my PC Would be nice if there was some way to just use 1 headphone with my PC and Bluray but I can’t find really find anything like that If I have to I will settle with a 2nd pair of headphones just for PS3. Anyone have any ideas for a solution for me?

check out the stuff from astro

the a30 gaming setup is $200 and well worth it, the mixamp alone is an amazing piece of technology being that has a toslink optical in and can decode dd

if you already have a good headset then get just the mixamp [$129]

edit -

or for a little cheaper the ear force dss from turtle beach looks good too

Last edited:
i actually own both the turtle beach dss and the astro mixamp, i use both of them with a set of audio technicas or my sennhieser cans. They are the best choices for quality headphone sound through a console. the mixamp is more featured and a little higher powered but they both have the same basic function. with the mixamp you will be able to use any pc headset you want with your console as well. excellent choices-

thank you both!

will do a lil reading on each one b4 i pick one didnt know they made something like that lol. thank you again :D

after doing alot of reading about the those i think im gona go with the Astro Mixamp and Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-A700-Audio-Technica-Headphones/dp/B000E9VKUQ/ref=sr_1_25?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279631383&sr=1-25, with a Zalaman Mic, use one of those already good mics. Been thinking of geting new headphones any ways thnx again guys

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
the ath a700's are good cans, i went with the AD series to get the open air ones, when i was wearing closed cans, everytime i would say something in the mic it felt like i was yelling in a closet. Its like listening to yourself talk with your hands covering your ears, some people don't mine but i found it very annoying. Plus, i play at lan events and i couldn't hear the people talking beside me at all with the closed cans, i guess that could also be considered a good thing though.

Back