Need Advice on spray painting plastic/acrylic

DeViLdUdE

Gawd
I'm planning on painting some parts of the WC box I'm working on and I want to know which ones are good enough for acrylic. I saw Krylon(sp?) at acehardware and says it can paint plastic but I don't know which ones. And do I need primer too b4 applying the real paint. I've heard of spray paints that doesn't need primer if someone knows will you tell what they are called and where to get it.
I appreciate all the advice you guys gonna give:D:D.

Have you done this yet? I managed it once. I had painted a case red and planned on using the krylon fusion- which works well by the way - but the colorls arent the same.

What you have to do is clean the plastic well. Then you get a thin layer of Fusion on all your plastic, let that sit for ten minutes, and you can go over it with any color of spraypaint you want. This works very well and there is no chipping and a very nice finish.

Krylon Fusion is what you are looking for specifically made for painting plastics, i'm using it right now to paint my drives

I've painted a lot of drives and plastic front bezels of cases with spray paint and I would have to say rustoleum works the best. I've found that you really only need to use primer if you are spraying gloss colors. It adds a nice layer that you can sand and get a nice flat finish before you paint the color.

*Always make sure to wipe everything down with denatured alcohol before painting.*

you might also want to try vinyl dye. i have heard a lot of good stuff about vinyl dye. the basic difference is that this stuff seaps into the plastic and well... dyes it whatever color. the good thing about that is that scratches do not uncover the beige that you covered up, but the dyed inside instead. here is a guide

http://www.modthebox.com/vinyldye.shtml

oh and if you want to use paint, i also think that krylon fusion is good, and doesnt need primer. i am spraying my brothers computer with that stuff now and its pretty good.

Back