Need an All-in-One front end for HTPC

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to use a front-end such as XBMC to watch my movie streams as well as Netflix and possibly, Hulu and Amazon VOD. Right now I use my Wii to watch Netflix but I would rather have access to everything from 1 place, my HTPC. I wouldn't mind so much if I had to close out XBMC and fire up a browser to watch Netflix or Hulu. Is Windows Media Center the only way to do all of this?

windows media center could do most of that, but definitely not out of the box. (i never tried amazon VOD before)

if you already have windows 7, go ahead and give it a try. You will need to install codecs and plugins to make it get all the features your looking for.

I want to use a front-end such as XBMC to watch my movie streams as well as Netflix and possibly, Hulu and Amazon VOD. Right now I use my Wii to watch Netflix but I would rather have access to everything from 1 place, my HTPC. I wouldn't mind so much if I had to close out XBMC and fire up a browser to watch Netflix or Hulu. Is Windows Media Center the only way to do all of this?

Don't we all want that.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

It looks like the Roku box can do hulu, netflix and Amazon VOD, but I don't think it can stream my movie rips. I guess I will have to fire up windows MC with XBMC on top and just switch to what I want when i want it.

Back