Need For Speed Most Wanted: The Most Beautiful Racing game Ever?

ds- said:
After I beated one of the guys on the blacklist, it said I got his car or something in the Impound.... where is the Impound? :confused:

if it said the you got the car then when go to your safe house click on the car list and it should be there.

I have already. Heard of GT Legends? The actual cars are much much better modelled there. Both visually and of course the driving physics is much better... However I am sure since GTL only has real tracks the surroundings may be more fun to watch in NFS: MW :).

But as for lightning/shadow effects/cars and everything I think GT Legends beats it. Just look at the cockpits :)

Bobby said:
Welp, been playing a while & I'm now just about to beat JV #4 (dude with afro), and I don't think I'll be seeing anything new from what I already have. That said, I agree with Leeroy about U2 being better than this game, far far better in fact.

Lots of things were changed unnecessarily. For example, where previously 3 or 4 shops were needed for your upgrading needs, a "one-stop-shop" in this game (over)simplified everything. I personally detest it, it doesn't take but 2 brain cells to remember which shop is which, but I can understand why they needed it.

Next are shop locations. I'd like to know why the hell they decided to reveal all the shops to you everytime you moved up a certain rank. U2 had it exactly right. Gamers had to explore the whole map to find these little shops. Hidden shops gives players an incentive to explore the world, sometimes figuring out neat little tricks on roads which'll help later in races. With that gone, the entire MW map is reduced to nothing more than an afterthought.

Additionally, cops lurk at every road corner, so for folks trying to find shops, it'd be quite a challenge to just move around. This should further lengthening, and therefore enrichen the gaming experience. But no.

Visual upgrades are another example. Despite their slightly better use in MW, it was better implemented back in U2. Again, everything was simplified to the point of insanity. Lights, exhaust pipes, rims/spinners, trunks, subwoofers, doors, all gone. It's not that I like this sort of flashy crap, it just adds to the customization possibilities.

Also, in U2 players could challenge random street opponents whenever they liked. Where the heck did that go? Having them around, together with the threat of cops, would've made one hell of an experience.

So in short, it's a fun game, as anyone would expect from the NFS franchaise. I also didn't think it was possible, but it's now even more shallow deep than before.

I give it 3 meanie smilies out of five:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
YGPM

Wait.... let me get this straight....

You made a zombie topic to tell a guy he has a PM? Are you kidding me?

DudeItsMe said:
Wait.... let me get this straight....

You made a zombie topic to tell a guy he has a PM? Are you kidding me?
oops.... Chill, it was the wrong post..mistakes happen.. sheesh. Just play your game

Id have to go with pgr3 for graphics, hands down. Not only are the environments and cars just ridiculous, check out the draw distance on the long straight on nuremburg (the 7 minute lap). Its literally infinity, you're on the same stretch at 200 mph for about a minute and you can see the whole way.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Please show me a racing game with as much detail as PGR3...go ahead....show me ONE. Show me a game with detailed interior views, right down to the same stitching and speed dials. Show me one with the same exterior detail....

GT Legends

I personally think PGR3 is the most amazing looking racing game and a great advert for the 360. And by the way, to all you that said the PGR3 shots the someone posted in this thread were renders or fakes, those screenshots are a true representation of the game.
If you pause the game while racing and go to the photo mode you can produces screenshots that look just as good if not better.
When you play the game on a decent HD TV or PC monitor you will be amazed. I have lost count of the amount of times I have lost an online race because I have be distracted by the amazing graphics.
NFS:MW is a very good looking game on both 360 and PC but if you look careful you see that it is a PS2 port, mainly because of the textures and the unstable framerate. But it is still a very good game and fun to play. Graphically is looks best on a high PC but the 360 version looks almost as good and has a better framerate.
GT4 on PS2 is also a great looking game, especially when playing in 1080i mode and especially considering the limitations of the console. The game itself is very boring. They really need some decent AI to enhance the challenge.
Forza and PGR2 on XBOX are also great looking games.
I am really looking forward to seeing what developers can do with 360 and PS3 once they learn how to lock their power. Forza2, PGR4 and GT5 should look out of this world.
I am also dying to see GT4 on PSP, if it ever come out.

Back