Need heatsink/120mm fan

Shadowssong

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all just built a system for a friend
Phenom II 720
HD5770
CM 690 case

I'm using the stock fans, I currently have the one in the front as intake, one on the bottom (infront of the psu) as intake, and the one at the normal exhaust spot behind the cpu. Now I've noticed these fans are fairly weak in their CFM but they are really quiet. I also noticed that it got pretty hot inside of the case so I was looking to maybe replace a couple of the 120mm fans. I've been looking at the yate loons on petras, is this a good one?

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa1.html

Also this stock heatsink for this phenom II is the biggest piece of crap. It's the same heatsink that came with my athlon 64 3000+ from like 7 years ago! I was looking to replace it with something to keep it nice and cool (I may be overclocking, may not) and also something a little quieter.

Now I would really like to pinch pennies here, thats why I am going for the LED-less yate loons. I was also looking at the CM Hyper 212. Any thoughts?

Preciate it everyone!

The 212 comes with a fine fan... about on the level of that Yate. No sense in spending more cash there, unless you're willing to spend a bit more and move up (Panaflo, Noctua, Scythe S-Flex or similar)

The 212 comes with a fine fan... about on the level of that Yate. No sense in spending more cash there, unless you're willing to spend a bit more and move up (Panaflo, Noctua, Scythe S-Flex or similar)

I also need extra 120mm for case fans, wasn't planning on replacing the one on the 212. But you recommend the 212? Got great reviews from Frosty

I'm using a single 120mm Scythe S-Flex SFF21F and it's a pretty good fan. Gets the job done.

Back