Need Help At Wits End

KillerButler

Limp Gawd
Lets begin, I purchased a few items for an upgrade. I have yet to find the problem and looking at the H group to help.

System Specs:

AMD A64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo2 Plat
Sapphire X800 GTO
2x 512 Kinston Value
WD 160 GB ATA 100
Lite-On DVD Burner
SB X-Fi Music Extreme
Enermax 350 Watt PS

Here is the problem. The computer locks up at random times. Even in the bios.I removed everything from the case and systematically added componets too see where the problem lies. It still does the same thing.I was beginning to thing that it was the motherboard. I got into the bios and when I go to the CELL option and select HT Frequency, It locks up everytime. So I am thinking CPU is bad. This CPU is brand new from Newegg. The motherboard I got local since I couldn't find online.

I was able at the first time to get the system loaded and then thats when all the problems started. Now I can't even get the system to even start a load now. SO I have deduced that the components are all good. They work in another machine. But I have no way to test the Motherboard or CPU. I have even burn the UltimateBootCD and used the Diags to see if it could find anything. I spent 3 hours with MSi tech support and couldn't get anywhere. AMD thinks its the Motherboard.

Any ideas fellas? I was so excited to upgrade, now I am SOL.

KillerButler said:
.I removed everything from the case and systematically added componets too see where the problem lies. It still does the same thing..
That statement is confusing. That's why no one will answer

Did you start with CPU, 1 GPU, 1 stick memory, 1 HDD and nothing else?
You could also try testing a molex for 12v with a DVM while booting.

Random reboots are often caused by heat. The other usual culprits are memory and power supply. I would make sure your HSF is seated properly and check on the temps that you're getting for the processor. Also, you can download software to check for memory problems. You might want to run memtest or whatever its called. If you have another PSU you around you could try that.

Sorry if that moment seems confusing. I was getting very upset at the whole thing. But, I went to bios and disabled the Dynamic Overclocking and it has been running non stop for the past 3 hours. I ran 3dmark 03 and got a 10352. 05 Version gave me a 5420. So I guess everything is okay for now. Thanks for the responses.

Back