need help changing ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

bball0076

n00b
i just got a email saying that they plan on investigating my ipadress, i have a router, but they know my actual ip adress, how would i go about changing it to a wholenother number

who was the email from? you don't change your ip address, this is controlled through your ISP. run for the hills :D

Most of the time you are assigned an address by your ISP by DHCP, which is loged by the ISP. Even if you could change the address you will still get looked at for the old address. Most of the time if you try to renew the address it will give yout he same address. So as the other posters said "run for the Hills"...........

Always keep in mind that you are always being loged some where by some one. The students at the school I work for have a hard time grasping that concept until I print off the logs that show where they logged in what time and all the websites that they had been to.

the reason why i ask is becuase of
i tryed to reg a product but when doing do i recieved this emial
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for reporting an piracy incident to us. We have recorded the following information:

Date/Time.(CET).: [2006-03-07 20:33:33]
IP address......: [70.***.**.**] ..routers ip adress
Email...........: [*******@gmail.com] . email
Serial number...: [XSA070-0K2TY3-291TCU]
Case ID.........: [3186]

Using stolen serial numbers is a major crime. As a member of the Business Software Alliance (http://www.bsa.org/) we will forward the data to the BSA web investigators as well as informing the local authorities.

In case this was some sort of test, please forward this email, as well as your proof of purchase of X-Setup Pro to [email protected]. We will then delete this case.

also wut if i but a new router

Well first off if you tried to register a Pirated peice of software, Im sorry to say, but you deserve this.

Even if you did buy a new router, the company can just contact your ISP and they will be able to look at the logs and tell who had that IP address.

so im basically screwed at this point, i can always email them with a copy i could buy

The Rules

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back