Need help, CPU temp too high!

GTPoompt

Limp Gawd
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my CPU temps are so high.

I have a DFI nf3 with a amd 64 3200+ (clawhammer), and for some reason, the CPU temp is hovering around 60 - 65, which seems ridiculously high.

My system temp is about 32C, so it can't be due to poor airflow. I'm pretty sure i didn't screw up mounting the heatsink. i put a tiny bit of AS5, then put the heatspreader on top of the core + as5,then put a little as5 on top of the heatspreader, and mounted the heatsink. The heatsink i'm using now is a Zalman 7000 alcu, and I have the fans running on max.

I touch the heatsink and it doesn't seem hot, not even too warm, so can anyone help me out?

The heatspreader is supposed to be part of the CPU (unless u remove it yourself)
As I don't think u removed it,and put it back onto the core, the question is, what is the thing between "the core" and "the heatsink" as u descibe it.

If your heatsink/cooler isnt warm to the touch it doesn't seem to be making good contact.

no, i bought the heatspreader from a guy on the forums. I put AS5 on the bare core then put the hspreader on top.

I think i'll try it again and maybe use less as5, maybe i put too much

Why buy a heatspreader when the AMD64 already have 1.???

It's like using a jacket on top of a sweater in the middle of summer :D

throw the heat spreader ina box over in the corner, put the heatsink dirrectly on top of the processor with a bb size ammount of as5 and your good to go

Back