Need help figuring out how to use and calibrate new Acer Acer XB270HU

BottomsUp

Gawd
Hi

2 questions.

1 - do i need to put the monitor in 'game' mode manually or will it do that automatically via gsync when i start the game?

2 - I want to calibrate it via the settings here, however where it says to set red, green, blue the monitor has a screen titled "6 axis color" and it has reg, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta and they are all set to 127. 127 seems radically different from the recommended color settings of ~50. if i set RGB to the recommended settings do i leave cyan, yellow, magenta up at 127?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#calibrate

I don't have that monitor, but it sounds like it provides color management settings (the settings you mentioned for primary and secondary colors). The RGB values that you're looking at on tftcentral are for color temperature. Go to your monitor's color temperature setting and change it to "user," "custom," or whatever it is called on your monitor. Then you should be able to adjust the RGB levels.

Yeah they are available when changing colour temp to user and then drilling in to that menu one more step :)

Back