Need help, possible scam...quackduck/Nerv62

master noran

2[H]4U
Hey guy's so august 28th I sent a [H] member (name removed for now just incase) $440 for a 6950 and a 6970. He said he needed money for college so I figured this fire sale was justified and his other sales where fire sales and did not seem to have any complaints. The next day I msg him in the morning to tell him to declare the shipment for such and such amount and he replies saying that the 6970 was damaged when he was taking it out and a family member knocked it off a table, he says that he can refund me $250 and send me the 6950 making me basically pay $190 for it which i'm fine with or I have to wait until thursday when he get's paid to get my $440 back ( Wait...what?) so I tell him I'm take the 6950 and for him to refund me. I haven't heard back from him yet and sent him multiple emails with no replies and he has not been on since that pm he sent me about breaking the 6970. I just checked and he sent me a seperate payment of $250 and it is being "held" by paypal because apparently somebody other then the account holder sent it to me :mad: No word from him from emails or pm's.

Any idea on what he's trying to pull? I normally would not be that worried but this crap about the payment being on hold and him not replying to any of my emails or pm's after being quick to reply during the buying process is making me nervous.

edit: I have no made a claim on the payment I sent him nor have I replied to the issue with the $250 he sent me but I did check the details on the $250 payment and it says "The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed" not sure if that means there no money in his account or I will get it when this is figured out.

Last edited:
Well, he probably tried to send you the money from his bank account without the funds being available. Maybe he thought he could just do that and paypal would hold the payment until the funds were available in his account (?).

I don't know if he's actually trying to pull something, he might just be really embarrassed and handling the situation poorly without realizing it.

Well, he probably tried to send you the money from his bank account without the funds being available. Maybe he thought he could just do that and paypal would hold the payment until the funds were available in his account (?).

I don't know if he's actually trying to pull something, he might just be really embarrassed and handling the situation poorly without realizing it.

Hope that's the case. Just got a reply from him and hopefully I can get some more info and we can work this out.

Paypal also puts a hold on refunds if your payment wasn't a Paypal account balance

I made a purchase on eBay a few days ago..The seller sent me a refund .I got a refund for the amount that was an available balance

Paypal put a 3 day hold on $2.95 stating my bank account hadn't released the funds to Paypal yet

The day my bank account was charged Paypal released the remaining balance to me

Holy shit.

At first he's saying that the money being held is up to paypal and then actually does something and calls in to verify it and it goes through. He say's he will ship in on thursday and after multiple pm saturday morning I find out that it will take him $150 to ship the card to me, he doesn't know why and he will be refunding me in the "next few days"

Un-fucking believable.

I think I know who this was and I was about to buy both of em as well, that sucks bro, I think that he actually got the money he needed elsewhere and now just wants to keep the cards and refund you. Tooo many inconveniences for BOTH cards.

Well $150 seemed to be the quote for 2 day air via DHL, sent him a quote for priority usps at around $30 or so and seems he's going to ship with them.

well you are in Canada. Maybe he wasn't aware of the fees some carriers charge to ship up there. I know USPS is the cheapest if you declare stuff gifts but he might not have been aware of that. Did the first refund process completely?

well you are in Canada. Maybe he wasn't aware of the fees some carriers charge to ship up there. I know USPS is the cheapest if you declare stuff gifts but he might not have been aware of that. Did the first refund process completely?

Tough, more then enough time to get a shipping quote. Anyway the $250 refund went fine after he verified it.

Got the card in a few days ago after some issues with the tracking, card works great and I was promised an additional $50 refund which would bring the price for the 6950 down to $140. Basically the seller just came across the hard times and althogh I don't know the entire story, the price would make up for it IMO.

yeah, random crap happens, it's hard not to worry when you don't really know what's going on from your side though :-(

still a bad seller imo, he shouldve just refunded the whole transaction and asked you nicely to send the amount for the working card as a seperate transaction.

Still waiting for my $50. He hasn't been on [H] since mid october and he hasn't replied to emails in a month or so. Any idea's?

so what exactly did you pay and what did you get? if you paid with paypal just file a claim.

It's all in the thread I think, this $50 is seperate from what I payed him via paypal and he pulled some shady crap prior to all of that. Going to leave him some negative feedback and leave this thread as a warning I suppose.

Hey - I wish I would of seen this thread before I purchased something from him in October.

I purchased an SSD from him. He said he received the money and would ship out right away. After a few weeks of me asking for a shipping number, I never got any response. I filed a paypal dispute.

After filing the dispute, he sent me a refund via an echeck through paypal. It takes like 7 days for this to clear. After the 7 days, he had insufficient funds so the check did not clear.

Paypal told me they will make another attempt to get my money, but they are giving him another 14 days. If they are unable to get the money from him, they will send the money to me. So i'm protected, it's just taking over a month to get my money back.

Avoid seller is what I have to say. He sold to me as the user "quackduck".

Last edited:
After filing the dispute, he sent me a refund via an echeck through paypal. It takes like 7 days for this to clear. After the 7 days, he had insufficient funds so the check did not clear.

Paypal told me they will make another attempt to get my money, but they are giving him another 14 days. If they are unable to get the money from him, they will send the money to me. So i'm protected, it's just taking over a month to get my money back.

geez, that's a new one for me. PP says THEY will pay you if there's no money in his account and they can't recover? On a non-ebay purchase? Wow! I don't think I ever hear of that before. Let us know if that really happens...

geez, that's a new one for me. PP says THEY will pay you if there's no money in his account and they can't recover? On a non-ebay purchase? Wow! I don't think I ever hear of that before. Let us know if that really happens...

My Paypal account was upgraded to the PayPal advantage status a few months ago due to the amount of activity I do with them.

This gives me extra benefits like my customer service calls route to a senior level tier that answers all my calls. It appears they will do anything to try to keep my business and normally favor me in most if not all transactions if the proper proof is there.

My Paypal account was upgraded to the PayPal advantage status a few months ago due to the amount of activity I do with them.

This gives me extra benefits like my customer service calls route to a senior level tier that answers all my calls. It appears they will do anything to try to keep my business and normally favor me in most if not all transactions if the proper proof is there.

Paypal favors the buyer anyway in virtually all transactions, and since 2010 off EBAY, this is not anything new. The reason primarily is not that they care about the customer it's that PP gets the money in the end and / or is off the hook from a chargeback.

Back