Need help regarding business laptops...urgently!!!

Mayhs

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

my uncle needs to buy a few laptops for his business, one for himself and one for a director

My uncle wants the following spec with a price of $1400-1600 (cheaper the better obviously):)

T7200 cpu or greater
1 gb of ram (minimum!)
100gb HD or greater
Quite light...around 2.5-3kg
17 inch screen or greater
3 hours or greater battery life
Vista or Xp (still to be confirmed)
DVDRW
Graphics card needs to be able to handle vista

if it has vista i guess he needs the best one...with office

and he needs another laptop with similar spec (slightly worse) but it has to be $1100-1200...preferable a sony vaio (thats what the director wants)

Thnx
Mayhs

Your weight specification and your screen specification are not compatible. The only 17" notebooks I know of that are sub 3k are the Macbook Pro, and maybe Asus' W2 or whatever it was, but neither of those are in your price range.

*edit: MBP 17" is 6.8lbs, or 3.1k, and the W2V was over 7 lbs. So, neither of those will work.

ah thanks...ok well then i think if its 17 inches then you could disregard the weight limits but if its 15.4 then i think he would like to keep it under 3.2kg's

thankss for the help

any ideas on which laptop?

guys theyre being bought tonight...i need to get back to him ASAP

My suggestion?

Get a deal on some Lenovo T60s or Dell D820s.

Hell, I know where you can get 6 Lenovo R60s that are T2500 Core Duo, 15" SXGA, 128mb x1400, 1gb RAM, 100gb 7200rpm, DVDRW, 9 cell battery, XP Pro for $903 shipped, but that doesn't exactly sound like what you're looking for.

thanks to both the above posters...

hmm...looks like ill have to spec a dell:)

Back