Need help reinstalling xp home. I have key, but no discs

RAA-Kr1cH

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to reinstall xp home for someone. I was able to use belarc advisor to get the key it was installed with, but they don't have the discs. What options do I have? It's a home built pc, so I don't have the ability to call up a vendor and get the discs.

I tried using an xp home disc that I had, but it didn't like the key. The disc I used has sp2. Would it work if I could get an iso of xp home sp1?

simply slipstream that disc it may work after that...

you could buy a copy off ebay?

or search a little....

well, I've made a slipstream disc before of pro, but not exactly sure how that would help.
I guess one of my main questions is, will pretty much an xp home key work on just a few different cds?

I guess my main question is, will any xp home key work for 1 of 3 different products?
xp home, xp home sp1, and xp home sp2? Would any xp home sp1 key work with any xp home sp1 disc? and so on?

Trying to make this more clear...

Could I use my key, and anyone elses cds as long as they are the same version? ( pre sp, sp1, sp2)

Did you originally buy the OEM version of XP Home? You'll need to use an OEM CD key; a retail key won't (shouldn't?) work.

I honestly don't know. The lady the computer belongs to is divorced, and her husband built the pc.

But thanks for pointing out the oem possibility too.

It's just frustrating having the key, but not being able to do anything about it.

any idea where I could get an iso? Nothing illegal or anything, just want to get the iso.

Back