Need help selecting case

Finsta

Gawd
Since my drives are black, this lowers the options availble. I want to get a simplistic case with good airflow and possibly 120mm fans. Any ideas? I want a clean case so I can mod it nicely.

speedracer089 said:
what do you mean since your drives are black it lowers the options
It has to be a black case, duh :p I recommend the Antec Sonata.

if u were a true modder u could match your drives with any case

Nobody can really help you select a case. By the way, you can paint your hard drives any colour you want, just be sure to tape over electronics and breather holes beforehand. One of the good ways to select a case is go through all cases on Newegg, or pricewatch.com, they have plenty of pictures. Pictures worth a thousand words :)

To give you another hint, most hard drives, you can take off the top metal cover, and replace it with a coloured plexiglass one. ;)

God how many damn threads are we going to go through like this.....................

as i have said in all of the other f*cking 43 case threads

wut ever pops your cherry

Here's a question which is crucial to me:
Are 2 80mm Panaflos better off than one 120mm? If not, I am looking at the Silverstone TJ04, that's the style of a case I am looking for. :D

thuper said:
To answer your questions, a 120mm fan would beat 2 80s for sound/airflow, but if you get a fan controller like I did, the field is leveled.
not intirely true. i have 2 80mm fans and boy do they blow and they are silent.

my old case had a 120 and the air flow was ok and it wasnt as silent. plus on 120mm fans there isnt that many options on brands as opposed to 80mm

i asked since you drives are black how that narrows the choices. did you ever think about broardening you horizens and steathing you drives or painting them.

thuper said:
I have: http://svc.com/blk-atx-case331.html

Its a nice, big, clean, quality case.

To answer your questions, a 120mm fan would beat 2 80s for sound/airflow, but if you get a fan controller like I did, the field is leveled.
No, it would take about four 80mm panaflos of equal rating to match one 120mm. Just look at the airflow and noise data, i'm sure you're not too stupid to make the decision for yourself. Also, keep in mind that quadriple the sound source means double the wave amplitude, which in turn means the noise would be effectively doubled. So, if one 80mm Panaflo makes 25dBA, four in close proximity will make about 50dBA. Two will make about 29dBA. Unless, of course, you will put two one right after anoter (like this: AIR ->[fan]AIR-> [fan] Air->)

In that case, the other fan will spin almost twice as fast, almost doubling the flow rate, but this will make drastic increace on noise as well. Either way, a 120mm fan is a better choise, if you can mount it. If not, don't worry about it.

Edit: Err, I quoted the wrong person, but my statement still stands.

what do you mean it wnt fit the style of your mod. if you do a good job you will think it came like that

speedracer089 said:
i asked since you drives are black how that narrows the choices. did you ever think about broardening you horizens and steathing you drives or painting them.
Please tell me English is like your tenth-learned language.

Back