Need help setting up XFire with 2 4800's

nicksws6

n00b
I have a 4850 and a 4890 on a Asus P5N-D board. I can see both cards in windows but only one in CCC and I can't enable crossfire. I moved boards around and cleaned and installed many different versions of the drivers. I'm using 1 crossfire cable. Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Do both cards show up in the device manager? If not, then try cleaning the PCI-E interface pins on the cards and reseating.

If both cards do show up, run GPU-Z and make sure they are both running at the right link speed. If either card is running at less than x8 link speed you may not be able to turn on Crossfire.

I had recurring issues like this because my 4850s with Accelero S1 were pulling themselves out of the slots and dropping link speeds - added some cardkeepers and that was the end of that!

Both show up and report 16x. I installed the ATI Tray tools and it says crossfire not supported.

I have a 4850 and a 4890 on a Asus P5N-D board. I can see both cards in windows but only one in CCC and I can't enable crossfire. I moved boards around and cleaned and installed many different versions of the drivers. I'm using 1 crossfire cable. Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Hi, nicksws6,

I'm just guessing, but since your mother board is NVidia based 750i chipset it may not support CrossFire.

Just a thought.

Chuklr

Back