Need help, trying to get dual display configured correctly.

Spoudazo

Gawd
Edit:
The issue has now been fixed, I just went back to the "old and trusty" 91.45 drivers and everything is fine. I think perhaps 93.72 have some issues, but I wouldn't be surprised. :p

Ok, I'm using 93.72 drivers, and this is w/ a 7950gx2 and it is set to multi-display instead of the regualr multi-GPU so I can use dual displays.

Now I have a big ol' 21" CRT and a 17" LCD side by side, and I want to run the CRT at 1600x1200@100hz and the LCD at 1280x1024@60hz.

Right now, it's horizontal span, so it's using 2048x1024, which is sorta annoying, since a CRT isn't 1280x1024, but rather, 1280x960-friendly.

So where's the setting? I used to do it all the time, each monitor having its OWN resolution, but now I don't see that option, I only see vertical span, horizontal span, and clone. :(

There should be a setting for dual view that will let you set different resolutions on both monitors.

Then there is Ultramon not a free program but it the best for dual monitors.

Yes, there should be, but there isn't, and I don't see it in the new CP, or in the old one.

Its there in the drivers for my 8800GTS (97.44) and the drivers for my old 7800GT (93.71)

I had to go to Display Run multiple display wizard then there was option for dual view it was the last option.

You did go into display properties, then advanced right? Make sure it's listing both monitors and that you're in dualview.

Here's a picture

Click Here

I'll mention I use Ultramon as DeChache mentioned. You do have to pay for it "after" 30 days of free full use though, so it gives you 30 days to try it out. The smart taskbar on Ultramon is tops.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Thanks again, but it's not there,

driverissue.jpg

Back