Need help upgrading power supply.

ToxicAdam

Limp Gawd
I have a Compaq Presario S5140WM.

I'm a little scared.. because I don't want to fry my beloved PC with a wrong choice... Post some new newegg power supply links that will work on my PC. I'm looking to spend upward of $30. And the power supply needs to be over 300watts.

At that price point it doesn`t really matter at all.......in fact even a generic OKIA would do the job at that price point!!
sheese......the power supply is the most important component in your computer....never ever skrimp on a power supply...trust me and many other who will tell you....you will be sorry later on..

I just ordered Fortron/Source 350w Power Supply.

17-104-931-05.JPG

along with VANTEC CPU Cooler.

35-110-007-07.JPG

Even brand name PSU`s skimp on components and quality at that price point.....

Fortron/Source seems to be the best choice here. Thanks for the help

You're quite welcome. :)

Even brand name PSU`s skimp on components and quality at that price point.....

I'll take an FSP with a 3 year warranty over a Rosewill with a 1 year any day of the week.

I was pretty impressed with the Silverstone Strider 365 I picked up for $38 the other day. Had the same attention to detail as my 600. I would have told the OP to get that, but he needed the aux connector.

Word of caution with that CPU cooler. The fan on it has a tendancy to break rather easily. My uncle had that same CPU fan and his is locked into place. The idea behind it is great, but it give 4 points of failure versus just the one.

I'll take an FSP with a 3 year warranty over a Rosewill with a 1 year any day of the week.
Rosewill rebrands so many different PSU's, it is impossable to know who made it, until after you buy it.

The rebrands range from "average" to "trash"

FSP has been making good PSU's for many years. ;)

Word of caution with that CPU cooler. The fan on it has a tendancy to break rather easily. My uncle had that same CPU fan and his is locked into place. The idea behind it is great, but it give 4 points of failure versus just the one.
The reviews on it are great at newegg.

Rosewill rebrands so many different PSU's, it is impossable to know who made it, until after you buy it.

The rebrands range from "average" to "trash"

FSP has been making good PSU's for many years. ;)

I was gonna say that, but I didn't want it to turn into another 8 page debate. ;)

Back