Need help: What is comparable to a NVIDIA 6800 OC

-iLLuZioN-B18C1

Limp Gawd
I have an old NVIDIA 6800 OC card with 128mb memory (AGP). I dont play very intense games so I dont need to 'upgrade'. But my mobo just died and I cant find a AGP mobo anymore that is decent.

So....is there an onboard video chipset that is comparable to this 6800 OC video card that will work for AMD AM2?

thanks in advance.

^^^ is the best suggestion, as the 4200 should be on nearly the same level, despite the fact that it is just an improved 2400PRO.

The best comparable card would be the 8500gt (no kidding).

The best comparable motherboard GPU would be nVidia's 9400. However, those don't come cheap, and are Intel only.

While CS:S will work, and rather well, maybe not on higher settings, but Sims... depends on the version.

look in the for sale section, sure someone has something laying around

Yes, but the 4200 is at least capable of gaming in some respects.
Modern games, but not Crysis @ 2500x1600 with shaders set to gamer...

Onboard, nowadays, with the nVidia 9400 and the ATi 4200, can do decently.

he has $50 to spend and that GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H will not run his cpu. So how can he use that? he said he has an am2 cpu and the gigabyte site only shows am3 cpu's in the cpu support list.

So you are going to tell me a AM2+ socket board will not support AM2+ CPU? You do know AM2 and AM2+ are mutually compatible (meaning, they all work, just differing HT speeds). The Gigabyte CPU list just shows the new CPU, not all the older CPU, which they do not bother testing.

Also, the GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H was listed in a combo deal, for consideration, with a CPU, and for way over 50usd.

The 50usd board you were referring to, the GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3/AM2+/AM2, can support AM2, as a matter of fact, the bulk of tested CPU are AM2.
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2813

Wow really a 8500gt is equivalent to a 6800... how the days have flown I used to have the 6800gt back in the day and that was a beast.

So $50 budget huh.... Do you already have ddr2 ram? you could get an elcheapo am2 board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153120

and maybe a 4350 for 35-20 mir assuming you will spot the dude a MIR :)

And you have a way better setup than an integrated solution

Back