Need help with audigy and 5.1 set up please!

Keetha

Limp Gawd
This problem has been plaguing me for over a year now. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy and Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers (251 is the model?). The i/o ports on the sound card are not color coded, and my three plugs for the speakers are (black, yellow, and a light tan). Which plugs go where? I've tried EVERY combination and can not get all speakers to work with the speaker switch in 6 channel mode. I can get them to work, but it is only 4 channel :(. Please some help get my 5.1 system up! A picture of your connections would be nice if possible! Thanks in advance for any replies.

There should be words or symbols on the back of the sound card to tell you which channel is which. The light tan cable is for the front channels, the yellow cable is for the rear channels, and the black chennel is for the centre front and subwoofer. There should be codes on the back plate of the sound card to tell you which port is which channel.

Hope this helps.

BTW, which model Audigy do you have? Is it the eX or Platinum eX or something?

It is just an Audigy Gamer. Thanks for your help on knowing which colors are for which channel. But the symbols on the card don't seem to match anything I see :/.

Yep exactly. But I've heard the Audigy and Audigy2 have different orders of conenctions from multiple places. Is that true?

Back