need help with getting new psu.

deLuxe.EPiDEMiC

Weaksauce
I have a Sony Vaio Desktop model PCV-RZ545G

My current power supply is made by Delta Electronics and it has a 295.4w capacity(model number is DPS-295AB A).

basically the PSU says

Delta Electronics Inc
model: dps-295AB A Rev: 01
INput: 100-120V~/6A 200-240V~/3A
47Hz-63Hz

Output:
295.4W Max

neeed a new psu aroudn 350 watts to use my new video card

http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=157162

You could shell out the bucks for a new $ony replacement PSU, but that would probably be $$$ figuring that it's $ony.

I take it the label doesn't say how many amps are on the 12v rail? e.g. something like [12v | 18 A]. That would help.

Can anyone guess whether this will run an X1600 Pro? He'd like to buy it but I don't want to give him a system stability headache.

If not, I do have an AGP 9600, but it may not have enough horsepower for what you want to do.

If you don't hear a good answer or find a better PSU that'll fit, then think about upgrading your whole system rather than buying a video card.

That may be okay. Most of what I read says you want at least 18 amps, however dderidex's post on page one of this thread says the card itself only uses 3.4 amps, and the rest are for other components on the 12v rails (CPU, drives, etc.). So as long as the rest of your system isn't too demanding (no overclocking, no RAID arrays) you might get along with this just fine. Your call to make.

Back