Need help with NEC 20WMGX2 resolution

BadDog

Weaksauce
I just plugged in a new 20wmgx2 and the sucker is defaulting to 1440x900. What's the scoop on getting this model to display its native resolution?

hmmmmmmm I switched to VGA and then was able to select 1680x1050.

NEC doesn't ship drivers with this model, but you can download them from their web site. However, their drivers are not signed for this model and XP bitches and warns monitor may not operate fully. So I dunno what the story is for DVI, but VGA looks damn good. The blacks and grays are are really really good after running spyder.

This LG AS-IPS screen is a winner.

I've got a 20wmgx2. Even if you get the message about unsigned driver go with it. Never had a problem running at 1680x1050 with any games that supported the resolution. When I had to rma my gainward bliss+ I bought a cheap bfg 7600gs and had to use the vga for my setup.

site1052.jpg

Steven301 said:
I've got a 20wmgx2. Even if you get the message about unsigned driver go with it. Never had a problem running at 1680x1050 with any games that supported the resolution. When I had to rma my gainward bliss+ I bought a cheap bfg 7600gs and had to use the vga for my setup.

Well that could be, but this card has ran 1680x1050 under DVI with a dell, but could be something qirky with the NEC and card. I'll try it on another machine with a much newer card and see if problem continues. But as it is now I cannot find anything wrong with the output under VGA and this thing produces some very accurate colors without the color shifting of a VA panel.

P.S. Glossy panels are blisssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Oh my GOD, you can just see how much clearer the NEC is in that picture. I was thinking of picking one up today after doing much newegg and google research.

Try to figure out your DVI issue man. It's even better when you've got it running DVI. Download the monitor drivers. Than do a re-install on GFX drivers if need be. REboot between each install

I had the resolution issue under Win2K on older machine. I forget for sure, but the above driver dealio fixed things for me. XP & Vista have no issues (running ATI card)

Back