Need input on comparable systems.

I currently have a system with these specs : i3-6300 / 16gig ram/ 128gig ssd : its my grand parents PC they use it for :web browsing/ youtube/ spotify/ wordpad/ cricut design app: It recently just stopped working but they were perfectly fine with the power/speed/usability of said system. My question is, is there a small all in one type of mini pc that would beable to perform these tasks? Any help an/or ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

Sure, there are plenty of options if you search for Minisforum or Beelink on Amazon. I set my mother up with a 5600H version and she likes it.

Dell has had many many many deals on desktops that are refurbished (some like new) on the cheap https://www.dellrefurbished.com/desktop-computers?model_f[]=OptiPlex 7050

In all fairness, at the prices, going used on these can usually get you the same for USD <$150, and possibly because it's so cheap, who cares about warranty at that point.

I picked up my used 5060 SFF (looks brand new) for less than USD $150 some years ago. Zero issues.

Not saying you can't go "mini", but you don't have to deal with a power brick if you go SFF and you do at least have some better options and of course, they'll be dead silent, etc.

Mini pcs have been doing this great for years. An old Lenovo just bit the dust and replaced it with a same form factor HP prodesk 600 g3. Slotted in to the same mount.
There are dells 3080 micro’s and Lenovo m73’s that are the same form factor and are cheap alternatives to NUC’s and still can fit behind a monitor. Check second hand market for sub $150 prices.

Back