need loud 120mm fans

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
i want to replace my rear fan, enlarge my front fan, and get a fan for a heat sink for my cpu. all 120mm. idk if the same fan will work for all 3 purposes or if i should get different types. unlike most people, i dont mind a high noise level. ive been sleeping with my case sounding like a v8 for 3 years. its hard to sleep without it now. i figure that means i can get a higher cfm for a lower price than all the low-noise ones that are recommended everywhere. anyone have cheap cheap loudish fans they like? newegg reviews are so hard to go by, and there might be good deals on other sites that im not finding. thanks all!

as long as were on the topic, i want a cpu heat sink. i thinking the s-1283 since it has a rebate and free shipping (thanks [H]) this week. how much of an oc can i get with an e6600 and the specs in my sig?

I'd do a google product or ebay search for 120 fans or 120*38, I got these 200CFM delta fans off ebay for like 2 bucks each and cheap shipping. I'd recomend a fan controller too so you can turn them down when you want because 200CFM is crazy loud.

Also if your Heat sink has it's fins close together like the TRUE you want see any increase above 75CFM. Something like the ninja might though.

120 delta are VERY loud. if your computer currently sounds like a V8 3 deltas will we like taking exhaust of your V8. even with a fan speed control they make a very annoying clicking noise. you can get Sunon fans that do 100 cfm or some scythes that do 50. 120 deltas are not designed for pc use there ment to be locked in a big room lol. even with a fan controler they are still anoying go with the sunon ones.

ok cool. where can i buy case fans in a store? frys? idk where the nearest is... are there any circuit city/ best buy etc stores that carry case fans? it seems ridiculous to me to spend more on shipping for each fan than on the actual fan. especially since i want 3 and it doesnt lower the shipping for multiple on any site.

Sunon's are some loud ass fans. I have 2 120's that I don't use anymore, but damn were they annoying. They push a shit ton of air though.

I can vouch for these and this being loud. 42-46 dBA they are rated for, definitely loud...

Otherwise the 92mm Vantec Tornado is 57 dBA, absolutely deafening, seriously sounds like a vacum cleaner when only one is on...:eek:...120 CFM too...blow the cat away...

Just get normal fans, and play a clip of loud deltas on your computer at night.

that seems counterproductive. :p i just want a large cfm, with noise being a secondary concern. still no suggestions on where to get them without paying shipping? im in seattle. frys is still hella expensive. $10 each for the cheapest. i should find some used. wish i could post on the FS/WTB threads...

if you spend 25 bucks or more on amazon you get free super shipping. Antec tricool's and some other are qualified for it.

You are basically asking for a DELTA fan word by word in your question. You can find a 120mm delta fan for like 4-6$ new on the internet not counting ebaya or these forums. Also I would reccomend Panaflo 120mm fans.

LOL. thanks. i think ill get a couple more to put around my room in the summer.

Pretty much THE most powerful 120mm fan in the world

If you can find a way to supply 24V or 48V
EBM-Papst Industries Inc 4114N/2H8P

336 CFM
11000 RPM
78 dBA
And the pressure is at least 3 times that of PFB1212UHE

And instead of PFB1212UHE its better to get its PWM controlled variant - PFC1212DE-F00. That way no need to fiddle with hot rheostats for fan control.

Boys use Panaflow, men use Delta, pros use Papst.

Holy fuck, how are your ears now? Damn.I have a Netbook on my room and I could hear the hdd spinning up from time to time and that wakes me up! However things like..."Make some coffee please...", those don't wake me up.

336 CFM
11000 RPM
78 dBA

And instead of PFB1212UHE its better to get its PWM controlled variant - PFC1212DE-F00. That way no need to fiddle with hot rheostats for fan control.

Boys use Panaflow, men use Delta, pros use Papst.

I feel that if you placed that face down on a desk, it would hover. And DAMN 78dBA?

I feel that if you placed that face down on a desk, it would hover. And DAMN 78dBA?

Considering that I have a Delta TFB1212GHE which have only a small fraction of the lift power compared to that (127mmH2O vs 26.44mmH2O). When faced down it already lifts itself 5mm off the table.

I'm actually planning to build a small hovercraft with 4 of that monster. The hard part is building a power supply system that can dish out 480W without blowing up yet still light enough.

check your local goodwill for some old dead computer cases. You can make all kinds of great fan finds in those....

i use these coolermaster fans on everything. i have gotten them for as low as $6.00 ea. they are reg 120x25 fans, are not very loud considering they have double ball bearings and push 110cfm. they come with 3 to 4 pin adaptor (sheathed) a pci slot controller, a 3.5" bay controller and a thermal controller. altho they claim to be 16db, you can be sure that is on the low rpm end.

http://www.svc.com/y720dcd-25t1-gp.html

i am sure if you look around you can find them cheaper.

here you can get 4 of the 88cfm yate loon fans for $20.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa2.html

or the 110cfm scythe slipstream for $9
http://www.petrastechshop.com/12scsysstcaf4.html

do your ears a favor and keep regular fans for a week.. you'll get ultra tired for a few days and eventually fall asleep, you'll get used to it...

336 CFM
11000 RPM
78 dBA

Ha!
I used one of there on a BIX3 rad. 420 CFM and three times the pressure of the 4114N/2H8P, and "only" 55db.
Actually, that's a "free air" loudness rating and in actual use it was much quieter (as all blowers are), actually quite livable. Much, much quieter than the two FFB1212EHE's (190 CFM ea.) on the other (2x120) rad.

Yes, that was a total of 800CFM of high pressure air through the rads!

still it soounds like your best bet is to get one of those 100+ cfm deltas of ebay they even have the 140mm ones on there cheap.

Ha!
I used one of there on a BIX3 rad. 420 CFM and three times the pressure of the 4114N/2H8P, and "only" 55db.
Actually, that's a "free air" loudness rating and in actual use it was much quieter (as all blowers are), actually quite livable. Much, much quieter than the two FFB1212EHE's (190 CFM ea.) on the other (2x120) rad.

Well, we are supposed to be talking about axial fans here. And since when is 1.4 inH2O > 5 inH2O? That fan when it comes down to pressure is still no match.

Ha!

Ya but that fan is huge, I'd rather have a normal 240mm fan. And the OP wanted loud anyway.

120mm Delta "screamers" all the way! Just please see the ear doctor later....:)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49&products_id=24881

The fan controller might be required.

Myself, I love my Panaflo U1As, like a few others here. They were said on manufacturers website to be 30k hrs 10%[I could only guess as to what the 10% means] MTBF. 1 has lasted a helluva lot longer than that for me, however, and the other hasn't been in use for 30k hours (more like 15-20k), so I haven't used one that's died on me.

They're loud, although not as loud as a Sunon 1ball in my parent's pc was when I first got it.

It originally moved 90 cfm IIRC (24 cfm less than my Panaflo janks), but it's apparently weakened (it must be about 1/2 as loud as it was originally), because it has only become more and more quiet since I bought them in March/April 2007.

Back