Need new laptop

Kaash

Limp Gawd
hey fellow [H] members. I am thinking of giving my 3yr old Dell XPS M170 to my mother so she can learn to use a pc.....and the more truthful side i'm tired of having my games lag and having to restart every 30mins... but SHHH. i can only purchase at bestbuy since its no interest for 18months on things over 499.99. i'm torn between 2 models

Asus G71V-X2 - Asus has serve me well on motherboards in the pass but i dont know anything for their laptops

Gateway P-7805u - its a gateway....i'm scared

and i can't find any reviews on these laptop gpu's. please give me some wisdom before i spend a grand a regret it.

What GPU's do they have? I currently have an asus laptop, its ok. I used to have a gateway, but it wasn't a gamer at all.

the Asus has NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS or NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GS

the gateway has 9800M GTS

Personally, I like the Gateway model. Gateway has come a long way in regards to their laptops and I would rate them as high as I would for any other compentent laptop brand. That said, the videocards that you listed, specifically the 9800M GT and the 9800M GTS are almost exactly the same card. You may be interested in the following benchies from THIS thread, although you may want to take them with a grain of salt.

Get the Gateway and get the two year Best Buy warranty for it. And don't worry about the whole shady-ness about Gateway, it's now owned by Acer (haha).

hey fellow [H] members. I am thinking of giving my 3yr old Dell XPS M170 to my mother so she can learn to use a pc.....and the more truthful side i'm tired of having my games lag and having to restart every 30mins... but SHHH. i can only purchase at bestbuy since its no interest for 18months on things over 499.99. i'm torn between 2 models

Asus G71V-X2 - Asus has serve me well on motherboards in the pass but i dont know anything for their laptops

Gateway P-7805u - its a gateway....i'm scared

and i can't find any reviews on these laptop gpu's. please give me some wisdom before i spend a grand a regret it.
I'm in the same boat mate, I have been baking my GPU as it all went tits up a few days ago but regardless of whether it works or not I need to upgrade too, and of course, I want better performance with it.

Thing is, I had the DELL for over five years and although I paid £1800 for it, that's pretty good going seeing as I have only just started to have parts fail.

Are Dell no longer strong in the gaming department? I see they own Alienware now but they cost the fucking earth!

Back