Need Opinion for P67 Mid-range: ASUS or Gigabyte?

Zarkon

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at either the ASUS P8P67 Pro, EVO or the Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 or UD3P.

Opinions?

I'm in the same boat as you. ASUS P67 Pro/Deluxe/EVO vs the Gigabyte UD4/UD5. I will say, I was hoping the Gigabyte offerings would include EFI. It's kinda disappointing that they don't... :(

Given the EFI support I'd go with the ASUS boards over the Gigabyte. It's also worth noting that MSI has EFI support as well, though it's not as user friendly as ASUS' offerings.

Dan, are you doing the UD4 review? Can you say if it will be posted by launch day?

Dan, are you doing the UD4 review? Can you say if it will be posted by launch day?

Curious too. Supply willing I'm going to be at MicroCenter at 11AM on Sunday to buy my 2600K- was hoping to have a motherboard ordered soon.

I haven't received one. I don't know if that will be the next board I work with or not. As for being done launch day I'd seriously doubt it. It takes 20 to 25 hours and sometimes longer to do the testing and write the article. When you have a day job that slows you down quite a bit.

I haven't received one. I don't know if that will be the next board I work with or not. As for being done launch day I'd seriously doubt it. It takes 20 to 25 hours and sometimes longer to do the testing and write the article. When you have a day job that slows you down quite a bit.

Wait, you do this part time in addition to a full time job? Holy crap, for some reason I thought you were full time on [H]'s staff. Mad props to you good sir! Your contributions to the community are much appreciated!

Wait, you do this part time in addition to a full time job? Holy crap, for some reason I thought you were full time on [H]'s staff. Mad props to you good sir! Your contributions to the community are much appreciated!

Excluding Kyle and I think Brent, most if not all of us are part time. My day job has me working anywhere from 40 to 90 hours a week with 46 to 56 being the average. Fortunately I work from home for both jobs.

Maybe Kyle is doing it since he had it hand to photograph?

Nope. He does principal benchmarking and overclock testing then turns them over to us to write the article, snap photos, edit images, create the tables and graphs, as well as do additional testing. Mostly the subsystem testing. We also do our own overclock and stability testing. The bulk of the articles are written by us with Kyle throwing notes in here and there and writing the "Kyle's Thoughts" section. One of the benefits to our testing methodology is that the boards pass through two of us everytime so you can get multiple perspectives on the hardware. Also given our different testing setups there is a greater chance we will run into problems with the hardware. Sometimes I have issues Kyle didn't experience and vice versa. Sometimes our conclusions are different as well but the reader gets to look at both perspectives and make their own call based on the information presented.

Ahh, thanks for the info- the insight into the inner-workings of the [H] is interesting.

Back