Need PC Racing Suggestions

matpoh

Weaksauce
OK, just looking to endulge my racing fix....Any suggestions for good racing games out recently. I have seen several but all for X360. I've gotten plenty of life out of Nascar 2003, Flatout 1 & 2, and a couple Need for Speed. I downloaded the demo for an old Colin McRae, but really didn't care for it.

Any suggestions?

trackmania is a fun title... trackmania united is on steam and is a steal to be honest... nothing realistic , but fun as ....!

if you want realistic, look at GTR2, and liveforspeed

there's 1-2 good ones I am forgetting but I am sure someone will post about them

yeah GTR2 is good, rfactor is great and has a big modding community, live for speed, and as far as Nascar 2003, hit superspeedway.net for a hell of a mod.

Played trackmania....It was fun but I got bored easily with it. Liked making my own tracks however.....

Gonna get a cheap copy of GTR2 from ebay.....Looking into rfactor.....

Moto GP 07. Took me awhile to get used to it. I use the XBOX controller via adapter on the PC. The 360 controller also works great but messes with my USB headphones so I don't use it. I didn't use the RB and LB on the 360 controller anyway in the game. Anyway, it's great fun. Most fun I've had in a racing game in awhile.

One more vote for rFactor. Take a look at the site below for all the mod download opportunities. It's cool to mess around in dirt track sprint cars then switch to shifter carts. The mod I use most though is the Porsche Carrara Cup mod. Also, if you look hard enough, you can find other sites that have converted all of GTR2's stuff over as well.

There also is a mod in process recreating Grand Prix Legends F1 1967. That's pretty much the holy grail of racing sims.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

I got to play F1 for PS3 on my friends machine and boy do I wish they made that for PC.
I was very tempted to get a PS3 just for that. Well, I have to admit I'm an F1 addict so I may be biased.

I'm the same way. There are some awesome games for the consoles. I am biased and have a great gaming PC and wheel/pedal set so I am kind of stuck on that. Thanks for the good suggestions. Raco 07 looks cool too.

Is rfactor free or how does it work?

I got to play F1 for PS3 on my friends machine and boy do I wish they made that for PC.
I was very tempted to get a PS3 just for that. Well, I have to admit I'm an F1 addict so I may be biased.

I got PS3 to play Dirt and F1 myself. F1 is assome. I wish they realease the Andretti racing follow up on PS3, that was the best F1 game I ever played.

By the way try GT legents from makers of GTR1 and 2

rFactor costs money but the mods are free. It´s the mods you are paying for because the stock game stinks like nothing else lol. It´s kind of wierd because it´s been host of iillegal mods of GTR 2, GT Legends and even Race lol. rFactor is a pirates wet dream. Since they all use the ISI engine it´s not that hard to convert.

Race 07 is a great sim if you want an easy ticket into simracing. Handling these cars without aids is easier then the GTR 2 cars for example however to be fast require just as much skill :)

Back