Need reccomendations for a skt 754 mobo

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Limp Gawd
Ok, my friend has a Sempron 64 2600+, and needs a fairly cheap motherboard that supports it. Full ATX and PCI-E are the only requirements.

Any of the Nforce4-4x chipset boards. Most perform identically. Just find one with the feature set your buddy needs. They have been quite an issue to setup. I have used both the Asus and the Abit, both had a few quirks, but both have run flawlessly since.

I would suggest the Asus as it has the best feature set, but currently, I would say get a Nvidia 6100 Based board over the Nforce4-4x. Yes they are all micro atx, but the 2 I have used so far were some of the easiest setups I have ever done.

I used both the ASRock K8NF4G-SATA2 and the BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M7. I think both of these boards are a better choice than the nforce4 - 4x boards

i also agree asus or abit .abit had less issues for me,plus looked cooler in a windowed case and new bios is good o/clocker.asus has a great board also,all kinds of features stable picky with ram so ck out reccomended ram on either board.watch out for 2 double sided 512 sticks.1 stick of 3200 1 gig is better in asus

I currently have the asrock since I wasn't trying to overclock. If I wanted to overclock I would go with teh Biostar. It seemed to go higher. The AsRock seems more stable to me though. I am using it with a Turion MT37 so voltage wasn't a priority and since I was going for silence (HTPC) I didn't need the overclocking features of the biostar.

The biostar board looked nice...I'd get that over the ASRock, although I've had good luck with the ASRock boards in the past so either one will probably work fine.

i have had good luck with the Asus K8N4-E Deluxe or if u want sli, epox has the EP-8NPASLI

Back