Need SD Card - Good brand?

Devnull

[H]F Junkie
I noticed that tomorrow, Office Depot has a 2GB "Dane-Elec" SD card for $50 in store, and then with a $25 rebate. Does anyone know if this brand is know for being reliable or unreliable? IIRC memory cards really only have a finite number of reads/writes before errors start cropping up- or is that only compact flash?

This looks like a good deal, but I don't know if there will be anything better. How often do SD cards fail? Or are there better deals? I would like a 2GB SD card for my Wii.

Devnull said:
IIRC memory cards really only have a finite number of reads/writes before errors start cropping up- or is that only compact flash?
That is a trait of all flash memory (SD/CF/XD/MMC/etc). I've never heard of the brand, but I'd google for some reviews if I was worried about it. Though, its only for a Wii, so I say go for it, lol.

I went with kingston and corsair. love the pc branded ram, love the sd cards/. Bought at a auction site, lifetime warrenty.

I also recommend Kingston and Corsair for SD cards, though I've had no problems with my Sandisk CF cards for my 20D.

I've had no trouble with my 256MB Kingston that I've had probably over 2 years.

I've got a 1GB Mini SD from Kingston and it works like a charm in my PPC and when I had a Wii. (Of Course for the Wii I used the SD adapter that came with it.)

Back