Need some advice Help!

frontlinegamerz

Limp Gawd
I bought a 780i motherboard from the for sale forums, it arrived today wrapped in saran wrap, now knowing that saran wrap uses static electricity to work, I was hopeful the board still worked, but doesn't, now I have contacted the seller and the response I got was pay for it and rma it or ship it back, my problem is why should I pay for shipping back when it was wrapped in saran wrap, if I do rma I could get charged for it, so I am out that money also, I also have already sold my board to help pay for this one, so now I am out a pc and now surfing the web on a sempron based system, and can't do anything I had planned now, like crysis wars this weekend.

I bought a 780i motherboard from the for sale forums, it arrived today wrapped in saran wrap, now knowing that saran wrap uses static electricity to work, I was hopeful the board still worked, but doesn't, now I have contacted the seller and the response I got was pay for it and rma it or ship it back, my problem is why should I pay for shipping back when it was wrapped in saran wrap, if I do rma I could get charged for it, so I am out that money also, I also have already sold my board to help pay for this one, so now I am out a pc and now surfing the web on a sempron based system, and can't do anything I had planned now, like crysis wars this weekend.

Problems arise from trading, and you should never sell a part you're using until you've got a working replacement in hand, or you'll get stuck in a situation like this.
If the item arrives DoA, especially due to poor packaging, the seller should pay for the shipping back, or if they are being a total dickweed, at least split it 50/50

Who was the seller? Anyone who would wrap a mobo in saran wrap and then place the burden upon the buyer, definitely earns a spot on my DNT list.

The SELLER is completely responsible for the piss poor packaging. Anyone on this forum SHOULD have the common sense not to use a STATIC cling wrap to cover electronic devices, but obviously this is not the case. I am amazed at how ignorant some people are.

Also, keep in mind the manufacturer's warranty, as you might not be covered for RMA since you are not the original purchaser and it is clearly not a manufactured defect.

Edit : A fair resolution is to return the package to the seller and let them worry about a RMA. The seller should also pay for all return shipping costs and provide you with a 100% refund.

I don't want to start naming names yet as this isn't resolved, the seller has already stated to me that he is not going to cover shipping back to him.

oh and new seller no heat, so he shipped first.

He is not off to a very good start.

Have you submitted payment? Personally I would tell him to either submit payment for the return shipping or he can pick it up from your trash can.

no haven't sent payment, I have flawless heat and I really don't want it tarnished, if he leaves a neg over the deal.

Seller needs to pay for shipping back to him/her, end of story.

If he/she doesn't want to pay shipping back to him/her, then deduct any costs associated with the RMA process from the amount owed and send him/her the remaining amount.

update, seller refuses to do anything but make me pay for the shipping back to him, I refuse to pay for someone elses mistakes.

buyer beware JPerkins

couldn't you just reseal the box, mark it return to sender, and return it to the post office?

No as it was inside a box that was inside a box, and its a usps shipping box that you tear the tab to get it open, I thought about that already.

Fiction can be fun. So, my side of the story is along those lines - yes pobre packaging choice, my bad. However, I am unable to fix the issue without having the board sent back to me. I shipped over $400 worth of equipment to this man on the promise that he would pay upon reciept. Oh, and of course shipping to him wasnt free either. So, from my perspective, I am already out $420.00 and now I am expected to shell out more money to get the property back - which by now could be in whatever condition? No dice.

There are options, as unfortunately, he holds all the cards now.
1) RMA it directly with ASUS - the board is 6 months old and I even sent the orignial invoice to him.
2) SHIP IT back to me and I'll RMA it and send it directly to him again - with better packaging

However, in either case, the inital cost burden has been entirely born by me. This joker desgins to get me to pay for his shipping costs and mine? What planet does that make sense on?

If indeed you 'chuck it in the trash,' then you have wasted a board which could be replaced and stolen $400 from me. I dont know how else to make that clear. If You were in my shoes you'd surely be upset. I have offered to make this right to the best of my ability and this will take a whopping $15-$20 to send it back to me.

This entire situation is retarded and I will never ship anything prior to payment again. The only reason I took a chance this time is the heatware rating was so high for the purchaser. fronlinegamerz, sorry to 'ruin your weekend' but you can make this right any time you want to. Remember, I didnt air this laundry first.

why don't you read all the posts above, DOA boards are the seller's responsibility not the buyers, and just a little fyi, search the boards, the setup can be had for about $250. used not 400 as u claim, it is not new stuff so it can't be priced like new stuff.

780i board new 300 used 150-200
4x1gb ram new 80 used 40-60

Like I said you can pick it up from my trash can, I will not lie to asus or any other manufacter, to get an rma on a stupid thing like this was done, anyone who has ever dealt with pc's knows that you don't use anything that uses static electricity to bond and put a motherboard in it.

And refusing to pay for the shipment back is what has me mad, here is what I think happened.

You killed the board and decided to sell it so you can have some dough, so you ship it in saran wrap knowing that saran wrap itself will kill the board and try to sell it off to someone hoping they won't test it before paying you the money for the board.

btw its hard to believe that a member of this board for 6+ yrs doesn't know that. Protoform-X

Well, I think the fact that he shipped first to you really changes the situation a bit. I guess I missed that last read through. If someone ships something to you first, and you don't like the quality of what has arrived, it would seem to me that you have an obligation to return the item to the seller. Optimally one would be able to refuse the shipment, but, sadly that's just not how it works for gear like this that can be damaged in non-obvious ways during shipment, or potentially shipped dead in the first place.
If you throw away the board, you are essentially agreeing to keep it, and owe the seller the agreed upon price.

Shipping first doesn't mean "send it to me up front, and if I like it I pay, otherwise I throw it away". That's totally asinine.

Don't throw it away I'll pay you $50 for it! lol no seriously? lol

Anyways, you're in a good position, he sent you a broken item and refuse to man up and pay the $7-8 shipping back and losing all that money, that's too bad.

Vert then what should I do, I don't think its right I have to cover the shipping cost back as to the way it was shipped, and selller refuses to do anything I am out time and money for nothing, if I throw away the board, I owe him the money, but if I ship it back he should be fitting the bill, not me. I don't want the setup but I am not going to be out money with nothing in return, as it seems to me the seller doesn't want to be out any dough on his mistake,

Oh and in case anyone missed it, He shipped the board wrapped in saran wrap!

Ok, the fact is he shipped it first without receiving any money. Now if you think about it. You buy a brand new board from newegg or whereever, its DOA when you receive it. Newegg will refund you or replace the item, but you are still paying money to ship it back to them.

not always, they paid for the shipping back to them on all 3 biostar boards I bought that was doa, but what erks me is the way the board was packaged.

Definitely understandable, but honestly, the only way this is going to be resolved is by shipping it back. Because if he does not get the product back at all, you still do owe him money plan and simple, poor packaging or not.

Just pay to ship it back and it is resolved. And if you or him decide not to give it another go nothing is lost. Simple and easy, $10-15 bucks to ship it back is better then losing all that cash.

Nothing was said about the ram are you going to pay for that, did that ram work? I really don't know the whole story but like i said send it all back or pay for the ram if you want it and the deal is over.

Hope both of you get it resolved. As he too has lost money shipping it to you so you will be even if you spring to ship it back so that would make it even.

Good Day

Will pay for the ram with a reasonable price, that hasn't been discussed yet, but now I have a neg heat over the ordeal, and I am not to happy about that., I still feel strongly he should pay for his mistake, but I may ship the board back, regardless but now what to do about the heat is another question,

and on a side note I did offer to try to rma it but wanted him to deduct the fees associated with the rma from the total, he said no, so I do all the work and still have to pay 300.00+ shipping to asus+ any fees they may want.

Can't really do much else with the heat....its your call on whether to leave him with pos, neu, or neg heat.

Pay for the ram, subtract $4 for half shipping even if he likes it or not, it's only $4 and it's his fault for this mess in the first place.

JPerkins, why don't you just pay him to return your item? Sure, you'd lose maybe $20 total shipping it back and fourth, but wouldn't it be better than losing, "over $400 worth of goods" (your words, not mine, I know it's complete B.S. ;))? The way I see it, it is your fault (you didn't package it correctly), and someone has to pay for the mistake, so why not the one that caused the mistake?

Deduct the return shipping from the agreed upon price of the RAM, pay him immediately and be done with it. End of story.

Pretty simple really, regardless of packaging, you have someone else's stuff. You can either pay him what you had agreed upon, or you can ship it back to the person who right now owns that equipment in a legal sense. Not sure whether $10 shipping is worth landing yourself in small claims court over, which is where you may end up if you don't pay and don't ship back.

this deal has been negotated, we have worked it all out, thank you everyone for your input.

At least that is what I thought. We agreed upon $285.00 for everything, and he RMA'ed the board. Promised to pay. It has been over a month now since we 'negotiated' this deal and I still have no money. I honestly dont know what else to do at this point. I have been patient, tried to work out solutions and I have nothing left; no property and no money.

This was on 10/13
Frontlinegamerz:
Deal, Now it will take a bit, because I moved the money I had in my paypal account, so I will send it in a few days, I will start the process now then.

JPerkins:
I just want a resolution. I plan on RMAing the board through ASUS when it gets back to me anyway. If you are serious and will send the money to my paypal account, I will accept the $15 deduction. That is $285 total, you keep the RAM no charge.
Good?

Then on the 14th:
JPerkins:
When am I to expect payment?
Frontlinegamerz (10/15)
Friday at the latest monday, I am also waiting on asus and the money is still transferring

10/20:
JPerkins:
I do not see anything yet. Is there an update?
Frontlinegamerz (10/21)
got ahold of asus today finally got an update they are repairing the board so I will get a money order out tomorrow.
JPerkins:
OK, but that isnt what we agreed on. We said to Paypal and you agreed to send the money on Friday or Monday. I need to gat the money as quickly as you can, so whatever that means.
Thanks.
Frontlinegamerz (10/21)
will do paypal then, if thats what u want, I think I still have ur paypal address.

Then nothing again until the 29th:
JPerkins:
I am not sure what the problem is; you have both my mailing address and my paypal information. I still haven not seen any money for this and I am a little annoyed. What is going on?
Frontlinegamerz (10/29)
annoyed? I just now today recieved the board, so I will send paypal out tomorrow, After I test the board, I am still pissed over this deal. and if the board doesn't work I will be returning everything to you.
JPerkins:
Excuse me? You said that you would send me payment on the 17th. You said nothing about waiting until the board was back from ASUS.
Frankly, the fact that you kept and RMAed the board means you owe me money as pointed out in the thread, or do I need to re-visit that and post our PMs? That seems to be the only way to get any results from you based on the past few deals I have seen you involved in.
This whole deal has been an example of dishonesty on your part. If I dont see any money by Friday, I will assume you are not going to pay at all and that everything is stolen. I was going to try and update your heat to a neutral rating but if this is how you 'fix' the problem, pehaps I was correct initially.
If you have cash flow problems then you can discuss them with me and I am sure we can work out something, but to date I havent heard anything about it.

He replies on the 31st:
Frontlinegamerz (10/31)
okay if I send u the 285 are u going to refund it if the board doesn't work?? and u aren't going to be able to change the heatware rating, which is bull.

I sent the following on 11/3
JPerkins:
Well, I am unaware of how changing heatware ratings work. I did see that someone left you a mistaken negative and then a positive. I could have facilitated something like that.
As for the refund if the board doesn't work, no. The way I see it, you purchased the board and you have already RMA'ed it through the manufacturer, so its your board now (once I get they money, anyway). I am not newegg or a store so I am not in a position to send you any replacements or refunds.

Havent heard anything else from him. I dont really expect to get any money back as it has been over one month since I sent the items to him, but I hope my mistake in dealing with this guy will warn some of you others out there before trusting him.

I don't think he has access to FS/FT anymore, due to him being a shady trader.
he had multiple problems here.

PM a mod, they will be able to tell you for sure

So, the situation is that he still hasn't paid you at all? On that front, I'm not really sure what more help I can provide.

He has access to TTT to respond to this, for what it's worth, but is no longer allowed in the main FS/T section

Back