Need some advice on 27", 30" LCD

wisehybred

n00b
Alright i am in the market for another LCD, I understand the panel technology and would like you all to perhaps help me out a bit.
The main reason for the second monitor will be for PS3 connectivity, Toshiba HD-DVD player, and my computer. I have a Gateway FPD2485W 24" LCD that I've had since 2007, Absolutely love it! Right now, the gateway is being used for all my components and its getting a little annoying switching between all those inputs.
My research so far is leading me towards three models from the DELL OUTLET. I have had good experiences with returns and purchases from the outlet, so I think im going to take that route. Here are the monitors I have chosen
Dell 3007WFP-HC, this would serve solely as my PC monitor
Dell 2709W, would have great connectivity and decent quality?
Dell 2707WFP, some like this model better for many reasons than the 2709W

Im leaning towards the Dell 2707WFP mainly because of the price 499.00 on the outlet, with 15-20% off at any given point.
thanks for all you guys help

30 is a big jump from 27. But if you need PS3 and HD-DVD you may be out of luck. Have you considered using a TV as a monitor for a bit more?

I have a yamaha receiver that does video switching, and yes I have thought about a TV, I use to have a panasonic plasma on my desk but was way too big 42". I wanted something I could mount on another LCD arm that I had so that my desk is as clutter free as possible, but also be able to do dual screen setup if needed with the new monitor. I work at a high end AV store in central texas and can get just about any Television. I would really like to stay with just a PC monitor.

I would probably go with the 3007 for your main screen and use your 2485W for ps3, hd, etc etc. with a 27" screen you're still going to be at the same resolution as the 24" and it seems like a lateral upgrade.

I'd take the 2709w, or 3007WFP-HC.

The 2709W has worked amazingly with every HD source I've thrown at it, and it has a number of very useful inputs.

Alright i am in the market for another LCD, I understand the panel technology and would like you all to perhaps help me out a bit.
The main reason for the second monitor will be for PS3 connectivity, Toshiba HD-DVD player, and my computer. I have a Gateway FPD2485W 24" LCD that I've had since 2007, Absolutely love it! Right now, the gateway is being used for all my components and its getting a little annoying switching between all those inputs.
My research so far is leading me towards three models from the DELL OUTLET. I have had good experiences with returns and purchases from the outlet, so I think im going to take that route. Here are the monitors I have chosen
Dell 3007WFP-HC, this would serve solely as my PC monitor
Dell 2709W, would have great connectivity and decent quality?
Dell 2707WFP, some like this model better for many reasons than the 2709W

Im leaning towards the Dell 2707WFP mainly because of the price 499.00 on the outlet, with 15-20% off at any given point.
thanks for all you guys help

Back