Need some custom parts for a project...

MERKMAN

Limp Gawd
Looking to get several custom parts to connect the power supplies between two small form factor PC's... Shuttle's to be exact. Basically, I'd like to get:

1) 2 mATX power supply extensions, and have a molex connection soldered to pins on each one (I have the specifications).

2) I'd like to find something like THIS but I need a place besides Performance PC's since they are in Florida and "recovering from the hurricanes".

3) I need a 24" male-to-male molex cable for connecting those backplates between PC's.

Is there any online computer place that does custom wiring work and won't charge 400% because I have some special needs? If anyone can recommend someplace, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

That's all I get from the folks at HardOCP? Do it yourself? Shit... if I felt good about doing it myself would I have asked for help? What's your suggestion for drowning victims? Learn to swim as your choking under water? Man...

MERKMAN said:
That's all I get from the folks at HardOCP? Do it yourself? Shit... if I felt good about doing it myself would I have asked for help? What's your suggestion for drowning victims? Learn to swim as your choking under water? Man...
um... i hope you're being sarcastic. If you haven't noticed, the mods that get the most and best comments around here are the ones where the person did everything on their own. Not buying parts.

Honestly, from the sounds of it you're best bet IS to make it yourself. The link you sent was the first time Ive ever seen anything like that being sold commercially. I've always seen it done by hand.

I have not seen male to male connections, only male to female. So maybe buy the male to female, than another male connection and make your own backplate with all that.

good luck ;)

MERKMAN said:
Post a WTB, you'll probably get someone that is able/skilled enough to do it.

As far as your comment, that's what the [H] is all about. DIY the [H] way. As far as online retailers i dont know of anyone that will do custom work. I think a FS/T WTB post will be a good bed. Just my 2 cents.

MERKMAN said:

1.) do it yourself
2.) do it yourself
3.) do it yourself.

This isn't a "point me in the right direction to find this mod" kinda forum......its a DO IT YOURSELF.....forum :D Those pieces are so easy to make with extra cable and maybe a drill for cutting holes for wires. Hell the molex crap you can get at fry's or anywhere online.

And just to show you all that it takes to do this:

I see a drill being the only power tool, a needle nose pliers, and maybe a sharp scissor.

The backplates can be found from an old computer as can old wiring. Cut wires off an old power supply, splice them together however long you want them. If you want to mount the molex connectors to to the backplate slot thingy, simply drill a small hole for each wire and pull it through tight. Then glue it on the backside.

the male to male thing is easy. Cut, splice together.

anymore brainbusters? :D :p

Diablo - Apology accepted.

RANT ON ---

As for the rest of you, I'm sorry to bother you. Clearly I walked in on the custom mod god forum without realizing it. I mean, sure Crimson Sky and Mashie have fantastic mods, but I thought there might be some helpful folk here. That is a typical use of forums you know. You need help? Post a question looking for answers. BUT instead, most of you here seem to enjoy mocking me. "Do it yourself! You don't need help!"

<snip>

--- RANT ENDED

Ahhh... I feel better. But my project is still in pieces all over the den. :(

MERKMAN said:
RANT ON ---

As for the rest of you, I'm sorry to bother you. Clearly I walked in on the custom mod god forum without realizing it. I mean, sure Crimson Sky and Mashie have fantastic mods, but I thought there might be some helpful folk here. That is a typical use of forums you know. You need help? Post a question looking for answers. BUT instead, most of you here seem to enjoy mocking me. "Do it yourself! You don't need help!"

<snip>

--- RANT ENDED

I think that you earned your responses after the second post you made in this thread.. :rolleyes:

If you want help, lose the attitude..

MERKMAN said:

Well yes. You are at [H]ard|OCP and "Mod" means modifying - i.e. changing something to make it look/work the way you'd like. Plus, your snide comment was in responce to the first reply to your thread! And then you turn around and start insulting people that are suggesting ways to actually do it??? :rolleyes:

Finally, let me just say that you cannot just connect the molex connecters between two seperate power supplies and expect the results to add (poof is probably the result)

Oh, and congrats. I usually never hand out public warnings. This is my first. Name calling and flaming is not tolerated here

baaaaa-zingggggggg. This thread just got cool :cool:

I thought my advice helped out some.....maybe?

HarryPleasure said:
If you want help, lose the attitude..

Amen.

See we all hang in this forum to learn from eachother and possibly help as much as we can. But there is one thing people need to understand. We are NOT obligated to look around the forum just to help you. Sure I will help as much as I can, but you can't show your attitude when someone really gave you a good suggestion.

Here is my suggestion to you. Invest little money and buy Dremel. As you hang in this forum more and more, you will get caught by MOD BUG, and want to do more things. Dremel will be a good investment.

Back