Need some good xbox360 games for 5 yr old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmda

2[H]4U
I just hopped on the xbox 360 bandwagon for cheap and am looking for some kids games a 5 year old girl who's into dancing and girlie games. I'm about to get a kinect as well if that helps. I don't have a problem with older titles as I can get them cheap for used. I got lego star wars clone wars with the system and it's WAY over her head...

She liked dora games on the wii as they were pretty simple...

Ideas?

Look up Kinect Party. Hard to call it a game really. It gives the kiddies a reason to act silly in front of the Kinect more than anything. It’s a bunch of different mini games. One minute you can be Godzilla tearing down buildings, next the floor can be lava, next popping balloons. My boys love it and it’s pretty cheap.

Check out the Sesame Street games too.

Honestly, the kinect sucks - I'd save your money. My 5 year old has trouble with the gestures and keeps ending up in menus and getting stuck there. The only kinect game we have that the kids use is a just dance game - but that's mostly my 10 year old using that.

My kids honestly get more enjoyment from website flash games, and if you're smart about it - you can get them doing math in the process. Like coolmath.com But since the 360 was specifically asked for:

Skylanders (look on ebay - you can get the original characters MUCH cheaper than new from the store) Very 5 year old friendly Diablo style game. Warning: that game is marketing evil - you'll end up buying more skylanders than you want ;)

Viva Pinata was good - but requires some reading. If you sit with them for ~5-10 hours upon start, a 5 year old will figure it out.

Platformers - My 5 year old LOVES Rayman Origins- I think it's just the over the top visuals, and the fact you can pimp slap each other. Plus he can play with Dad and "my dad helps me win" Good together time. I think it's pretty gender neutral - my daughter likes this game too.

On that point - a lot of the "girly" games suck too. The industry just doesn't get little girls. She never plays the barbie/whatever games for long.

I don't know if it's available for the xbox 360 - but the littlest pet shop game is a big hit for the girls (we have it on the wii). You collect cute little pets and sunglasses and stuff. Has the "gotta catch em all" vibe from Pokemon.

HTH

My 7 year old son loves Dance Central. Depening on your taste in music (and if you guys restrict what she listens to), you may want to look at the track lists. Just Dance is decent too.

OP - there should be a ton of old-school games like Sonic the Hedgehog on Xbox Live Arcade. My first game I ever played was Sonic, and that was when I was four.

My 7 year old has always loved Kinect Sports (although occasionally the sensor goes wiggy and fails, especially Kinect Golf). Walking out of view of the camera / walk back on and it works better (Hell, it does this to me sometimes).

Kinectimals also.

Um, both of my girls & (7 and 5) loved playing Skylanders together for a while, about 6 months, before they got tired of it and stopped playing it. Who knows, they'll get back to it eventually.

My six year old son has been playing all the Lego games for about two years now and loves them.

O_O

You let your 5-year-old play Mortal Kombat?

My 5yo daughter is extremely smart, mentally closer to 10 according to her test scores. She's very well behaved and can hold conversations better than most adults. She can play anything she wants under my supervision as far as I'm concerned.

My 5yo daughter is extremely smart, mentally closer to 10 according to her test scores. She's very well behaved and can hold conversations better than most adults. She can play anything she wants under my supervision as far as I'm concerned.

No offense, but I think you seem to encounter a lot of dumb adults...

It's not really about being smart. Obviously you can do what you want, but MK just seems like one of the more graphically violent games a kid can play. Worse than really any first-person shooter.

It's not really about being smart. Obviously you can do what you want, but MK just seems like one of the more graphically violent games a kid can play. Worse than really any first-person shooter.

She's not doing fatalities or anything. She just enjoys playing as the girl characters and kicking and punching in practice mode.

She's not doing fatalities or anything. She just enjoys playing as the girl characters and kicking and punching in practice mode.

That's... kind of weird...

Although I think some games would be good to have a kind of "kids mode" just so that a gamer that has children can let their kids play the same game, so the kids will be into the game when they're old enough to turn off "kids mode".

For example: Mortal Kombat- turn off fatalaties and blood.

GTA games - turn off weapons and combat. I imagine the game would be fun for a kid to just explore the city.

Maybe make it related to the Parental Controls settings on the console.

Wow really? Merrica!!! Where everyone feels the need to tell everyone else how to raise their own kids..

Who gives a fuck? Is it hurting YOU personally that his daughter is playing a GAME?

Any ways, back on topic, if you're getting a kinect, definitely grab Nickelodeon Just dance.

and

Trials. My (4 yr) daughter loves trials.

Wow really? Merrica!!! Where everyone feels the need to tell everyone else how to raise their own kids..

Who gives a fuck? Is it hurting YOU personally that his daughter is playing a GAME?

Any ways, back on topic, if you're getting a kinect, definitely grab Nickelodeon Just dance.

and

Trials. My (4 yr) daughter loves trials.

Wow, way to overreact to an opinion, series of questions, and people NOT condemning someone for how they raise their kid. Butthurt much?

Why are you so "butt hurt" his child plays a game supervised?

Did I say I did? I don't think so. Considering you were using the BOLD font function, it sounds like your did hurt your butt over it.

I don't know if your comment was aimed at me, but if it was, I was suggesting ideas that would open up games to a crowd that would enjoy them, even without the questionable content. Moreover, it would allow the parents have that much control over what their kid sees, so they have no one to blame but themselves if the kid runs into the content they don't like.

Besides, I used GTA as an example, because I know of a number of parents that let their children play them just to pretend to be a taxi driver or an ambulance driver, or whatever they wanted. They'll never make the games "clean" for the kids, so they could put in a few software configuration switchs or something to just allow those kinds of things. It's not hurting anyone if they have to be set manually.

Hmm so fella comes, and asks "what games for my daughter to play?"

2 different posts are basically summed up to; "You let you're daughter play those!! OMG call the FBI, CPS, NSA!" ahah

Was not an intentional attack at anyone, and if you felt it was, oh well.. Point being, plain and simple as stated in my original post.. Everyone is so worried about others..

done dragging this on, in Grimmda's thread..

Hmm so fella comes, and asks "what games for my daughter to play?"

2 different posts are basically summed up to; "You let you're daughter play those!! OMG call the FBI, CPS, NSA!" ahah

Was not an intentional attack at anyone, and if you felt it was, oh well.. Point being, plain and simple as stated in my original post.. Everyone is so worried about others..

done dragging this on, in Grimmda's thread..

Coming from the guy with the hurt butt. Notice how the posts you're describing are more about asking about clarification. And then notice how your response to questions is to claim the government is being asked to lock down the user for something. Did your tin foil hat fall off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back