Need some incite on problem with 3500+ Newcastle

SnowBeast

[H]ard|Gawd
I have had this cpu for over a year and has run steady at 2.4Ghz(220x11)42C idle, gaming 52C on the dot. Same max temp for Folding. This past July, we had some power surges/problems. I checked my temps and it was staying idle at 50C and kept climbing when Folding up to 70C till I shut folding off. I set it back to 2.2Ghz and it stays idle at 47C, gaming between 65-67C. Folding still keeps the temp climbing. I then replaced the Silent Boost 8 with a Zalman 7700 AlCu. Temps are the same. I read threads on proper usage of AS5. Did everything according to what everyone has posted. No difference in temps. I know it is getting that hot because programs are shuting off in the middle of them and that use to be a sign of processor getting too hot. Everest and a few other temp monitors all report the same temp. I have no other way to measure it.

Is it possible that the processor is dying a slow death? I was thinking of replacing it with a 3200+(venice core). The 3200+ would be a place holder till I do a complete build in January.

Any incite on this or is it ok and I am just getting bad readings? :confused:

Back