need sugestions for the next mod.

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
I am out of ideas on what to mod next. Send ideas and comments my way.
I am takeing the floopy drive out as soon as i get my mini cruzer.
Maybe run the cables better?
[H]elp me out here.
DSCN1496.JPG

DSCN1497.JPG

i figured that would be someones suggestion. Ya, maybe i will actually do it. Just need to buy the materials and read a tutorial or two on that.

You shouldn't need a tutorial for it. You can buy kits that have instructions with them. Just take your time measure and cutting the stuff to make sure it's clean.

paint the case's inner structure to match your primary color choice(s). then sleeve the psu. then add a pair of uv ccfl's.

and that stock heatsink & fan looks... plain. get a cooler one.

I am thinking about getting the 7000A-AlCu. Sleeving the psu shouldnt be to complicated i was thinking of the vantec kit. whats that silver rectangle object far, it looks like a duct i presume? I dont have a window panel on the case, so i left the mobo reference sheet there for the time being. On my soyo board when ever i moded something i wanted to know what each of the jumpers did but i dint have 1 of these reference sheets. I just stuck that one on a piece of double sided tape thats all.

I think I will get a window panel and 1 or 2 blue neons lites.

get this and this. coupled with uv-reactive sleeving and uv reactive paint on the drive cages, you will have one mondo mod, my friend.

:rolleyes: and the silver rectangle appears to be shine from their background lighting.

i wanted to get the CM window kit for my case. but the window would break if i would even attempt to cut a window hole or do a etch. So ya, maybe i will reserve a piece of my pay check and get the window kit. I would want a custom cut though, some sort of cool design. thnx for the suggestions

what sort of "cool design" were you thinking? i have coreldraw 9, i can do the art... youd still have to dremel it in, but i can do the basic design itself.

cool

what i forgot to mention is:

i only have that prog on one comp... and it'll be at least 2-3 weeks before i can get to it.
but i will have it for you before november 5th, guaranteed.

thats gonna be one big drawing of that logo. lol but thnx. I'll look forward to hearing from ya again. :)

not big... just an access prob.

my parents are divorced. i am in college in Greensboro, NC during the week, and i go home with my mother most weekends (cheap laundry and you can get paid for yard work!) but the computer i am going to need is at my father's house in raleigh... and the soonest i can see him is the 30th/31st.

hope i don't hold anything up.

nope not at all. I know that corell needs alot of processing power, but go all the way to your dads...

you might get it a little sooner... didn't want to mention this (because it might not happen) but i have been bugging pops to email me a copy of the cd's so i can make it run (walk?) on my laptop here.

corel actually doesn't need that much oomph- i have coreldraw 6 on a p1 150mhz and no problems... i'd do it on that if i had some way other than a floppy drive to get the file somewhere, but that computer has only a 2x cd-rom drive.

2 days ago i made my own etching bit from a nail i had lieing around, and i printed out a picture from like FC and then i spent a while on my floor just outlining it all... pretty tedious at first, but i got the hang of it...making ur own window etchings is one of the pinacles of modding (IMO) cause of the skill it takes to get good at it...i'm not perfect, but the journey there is what makes human life so goddamn interesting

not yet, but... surprise! i just got coreldraw 9 on my laptop.
didn't want to get your hopes up but i had been trying to talk pop into letting me borrow his copy... and he (finally) let me.

will be out of town till mon. should have pic by then but no promises.

your pic is done! but its on a diff comp from the one i'm on right now. should be able to upload a jpg sometime tomorrow or tues.

okay... here is the image. i kept it at 150dpi and it's 8.5"x11" so it's just under 3mb. hope nobody here has dial-up...

US Air Force Etch Template (JPEG).jpg

reason i kept it at that dpi is so it doesn't go all pixellated if you enlarge it a little, like a 72dpi image will.

i can do a really cool version for matching wallpaper if you want.

Back