Need suggestion for GPU.

brysig228

Gawd
i'm building me a low end htpc nothing fancy. i'm hoping to find one not more than 100 bucks. with hdmi cuz i'm hooking it up on my lcd tv. Palit has one with hdmi but it only has 2 yr warranty which kills the deal for me. i prefer Evga cuz i had good experience with their rma and step up program but i don't know if they have a card with hdmi on it.

thanks for any help,
Brian

Even though you're not too fond of Palit, I do suggest the 9600 GT. It's under 200$ and offers an HDMI input on the back, that they installed themselves. I too was a little weary of Palit, but you can find reviews of their work all over the net. Check them out, they get great ratings, and haven't had any problems so far.

If you are looking to save yourself some money, you can get an integrated solution such as the AMD 780G which has HDMI support. This would also save you the cost of buying an expansion card. Of course, if you would rather go Intel then your best bet is a video card like AVAdirect Joe suggested.

If you haven't bought anything, the mATX board, Asus P5KVM-HDMI has a built in HDMI port on the board.

If you haven't bought anything, the mATX board, Asus P5KVM-HDMI has a built in HDMI port on the board.

i'll be using my old mobo asus p5nsli. basically i'm just building a cheap arse htpc:D already have the 20 bux dynex with psu, hd, memory and all i need is the cpu, gpu and dvd drive.

does the Palit cards hdmi out put audio too? i can always go with component and hook up seperate wires for the audio.

thanks

Why can't get you a regular card, and buy a little hdmi/dvi adapter to put on the back of the card?

Why can't get you a regular card, and buy a little hdmi/dvi adapter to put on the back of the card?

reason why i want hdmi to hdmi is i want to have video and audio instead of having 2 different wires for audio rca cable and video on hdmi.

Back