Need suggestions - cheapest, most efficient way to burn 400 CDs?

mtx

Gawd
Assuming I burn one at a time, and each CD is full, and 6 minutes on average for one CD, that's 4*6=2400 minutes/60 = ~40hours + additional verification time per CD. 2 or 3 burners simultaneously would cut the time by 2/3 - 3/4. Are multiple CD burners, say a device that can burn 8 CDs at once expensive? I suppose they aren't worth the price?

What is the cheapest, most efficient way to burn 400 CDs (for legal purposes of course)?

Gasoline and a match is how i would do it... are just give the cd's to your kids and tell them to have fun leaving them on the patio.

lol i'm editing this becasue i didn't understand lol.... yeah use a duplicator hahah. sorry.

Couple hundred for a duplicator, or hook up 4 CD burners to one PC for 1/4 of the price. Any special CD media required for these large jobs?

I don't believe that four optical drives connected to the computer will burn discs simultaneously.

However, I know that many commercial disc burning programs aren't designed to handle multiple/simultaneous disc-to-disc copying.

I don't believe that four optical drives connected to the computer will burn discs simultaneously.

However, I know that many commercial disc burning programs aren't designed to handle multiple/simultaneous disc-to-disc copying.

How about running multiple instances of the program? Or 3 different ones at once?

The last time that I used a commercial program -- Nero 7 -- I couldn't run multiple instances of the program, nor could I run more than one burning/copying task at a time.

You may want to check out the After Dawn forums to see whether or not you can find a better answer to your question.

I believe some versions of Nero support writing to multiple recorders at once.

save money, time, hassle and tons of other unmentionable things like ERROR and hire a company to do the duplication for you with CRC/MD5 sum checks.

we outsource this stuff at my work after owning our own replicator simply because the time and problems that you come into are just not worth it in the end.

Back