Need suggestions on a good email client

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I have used Thunderbird for years and years, but lately I have been having problems with it being very sluggish and slow and losing emails. I go back to try and find emails and they are simply no longer there anymore. I have kept Thunderbird updated with the latest versions and thought maybe it was just a bug in one of the new versions, but I went back several versions and the problem still seems to happen. I am back on version 14.0. This has been going on for several months. And after loosing numerous important emails I've had enough. And yes, I have tried numerous times repairing the account, no virus', system is clean.

So, what are some other GOOD email clients out there?

Thx!

Do you have some kind of filter defined or something that's running periodically?

Are these IMAP e-mail accounts? Could be some other program affecting the mails if so. Or the mails are being deleted from the server?

Or you're accidentally hitting the 'a' key and moving a mail to the archives? I do that often.

Do you have some kind of filter defined or something that's running periodically?

Are these IMAP e-mail accounts? Could be some other program affecting the mails if so. Or the mails are being deleted from the server?

Or you're accidentally hitting the 'a' key and moving a mail to the archives? I do that often.

Sorry, anything but Outlook:eek: I might check into Windows Mail...thanks!

This is a pop3 account. No other program affecting it. I have Thunderbird set to pull all emails off the server and they are stored locally on my pc. I forgot to mention in the OP, Thunderbird freezes up or locks up sometimes as well. Have to end process to get out of it. I would like to be able to import all of my old emails I have on my pc now into the new program.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Fastmail.fm for an E-Mail client. I have been with them for several years and it has only been down one day in that time and I have never lost any info. They were bought out earlier this year by Opera so they can use it for their in house E-Mail client but have kept the Fastmail staff to keep operating the company.

https://www.fastmail.fm/

Well, think I finally have my problem resolved. I was on version 14 and then just upgraded yesterday to 15 and I only had 125 emails that showed up in my inbox :eek: I have a lot more than that. So, I went back to version 9.0.1 and now everything seems to be working correctly. I think the newer versions just have some sort of bug in them or at least on my pc they do :D

I've been having issues with it for a while now. Biggest one is that it seems to hang when downloading email. I have to constantly empty the junk mail (manually) and try to download more.

I probably get around 300 junk mails a day.

IMO Outlook is a great email client. Not sure what you don't like about it.

Windows Live Mail is really just a stripped down version of Outlook. It's the replacement for the dead Outlook Express.

I just tried Windows Live Mail. It looks too cluttered. I'm still sticking with Thunderbird. Provides all the functionality I need.

Back