need to know whats a good photo recovery software

noobtech

2[H]4U
Okay... I had moved all my pics from my 80 to 250 HDD's from when I was like 17 to now all onto a 500GB HDD... Well that drive konked out on me. Before it died... I deleted all the photos that were on the smaller drives. I know back when I used DOS/Win 3.1... It was pretty simple to undelete photos. These days... I'm not so bright. LoL. Anyone know of a good free or paid software program to undelete or restore those lost photos on my working HDD's? I searched the net... but it really does seem like the only ones that come up in the search are spam.

THANKS

i have used recuva its pretty decent just leave the pc alone for a couple of hours let it scan and then come back to it

There are some free softwares available u can search them on google but I do not believe in free software as it will end up messing my computer with virus and spywares and whether it recovers your data intact or not is not guaranteed there are chances that u end up loosing your precious data. So I look for cheap and good software. For recovery software, I bought one before called Kernel for FAT and NTFS, good thing is that it's one time payment and then it allows me to use forever. Using trial version u can preview d data recovered but to save it u hav to purchase the software

Recuva can only "recuva" files that passed through the Recycle Bin, even if they were deleted by emptying the Recycle Bin afterward. If you did a Shift+Delete to delete them, forget it, that app won't help.

TestDisk can help, but even better is PhotoRec by the same people - both tools are free, they're just a bit complex to work with (pure command line-style apps). I've had great success using both of them in the past recovering not only regular data of all kinds but also recovering deleted image files on all kinds of media.

Back