Need Urgent Badaxe 2 Help Please

joey791

n00b
I am building my 2nd puter, before I tidy everything up I wanted to make sure that, it would power up before tiding up the case anyway. I have memory,cpu, and video card and monitor in place. I am using 4G Corsair ram, EVGA 7900GS, green power light on board comes on, red cpu led is on, fans are on and so is cpu fan. Anyway I am going DVI to VGA to monitor(2nd DVI connector doesnt fit the Samsung monitor). Anyway on power up I am not getting a Bios screen and my monitor is saying to connect cable even though it is connected. Also there is a white 1X4 plug that looks like a case fan plug on the board by the cpu, do I have to have power hooked to it also? I am using a Corsair HX620 power supply. If anyone would help I would really appreciate it.

You don't need to use the 1x4 connector.

Sounds like a video card problem. Make sure it's seated properly, connect the 1x4 connector on the card itself, and double-check the monitor cable connections.

I had a faulty MB which wouldn't display video, but the monitor could at least detect that it was plugged in to a video card (though there was a black display).

It may end up being a faulty DVI to VGA adaptor... any chance of hooking up a monitor with DVI input?

Well I'm back with a DVI to DVI adapter and still nothing, I have the card properly seated and I have the PCI Express plug from the Corsair power supply plugged into my card, the monitor I have is a Samsung 931BF the PCI EXpress plug is a 2X4 plug.............

Well I bought a new vid card, tested board outside the case to no avail, finally pulled out cpu and put back in and now it is up and running

Back