need video card compatible with this system

UnfaTeFuL

Limp Gawd
I think the current card I have now is getting a little old to keep up with my current games. I'm down to the point where my games have to have the lowest graphics setting to be playable.

First and foremost thing I look in a new video card is compatiblity with my system. Any suggestions? my orice range is below or around $120

The best card you can get right now for around $120, is a ATI 9600pro. Theres one at Newegg.com right now for $126. My advice? Save up a bit more for a 9800pro or Nvidia 5900 (non FX) if possible.

The difference between a 9800Pro and a 9600Pro is HUGE. I'd definatley try to extend that budget if you play games.

^^^ i agree

But, I got a refurb 9600XT for $129 at newegg.com. It is great for that price!

Halo: All eye-candy max @1024x768
UT2k4: 1280x1024 All eyecandy max
FarCry: not good :(

with 4X AGP, yep! You wont be able to run the card at 8X AGP, but there is very little performance difference between the two, especially with anything below a 9800.

you might also want to cruise the For Sale/Trade forums if you are on a budget

the geforce I have right now. how much can I sell it for? That is if it's sellable.

I checked the EBay ended items list, and used 64mb TI200 cards sell for around $15-30. If you add the word "fast" in the title, the price jumps to $42. Go figure.

Back