Needing a new card for my newly purchased Core i5 rig

SymptomsReagent

Limp Gawd
Hey gang,

So I purchased a lightly used (like 4 days old, newly built) system and I'm currently rocking a HD4350 while I wait for the GTX 560 to drop.

System wise I've got:
Core i5 750 stock/stock heatsink (no plans to OC)
4GB DDR3 1333Mhz (2x2GB)
1TB WD Sata 3 64MB cache drive
Antec True Power 550W

I'm looking to get a card that will last me a good 2+ years for gaming and Photoshop duties. I've been out of the computer scene for a while and respect the advice of [H] so what should I be looking at?

Things I've seen, HD 6870, GTX 570 possibly?

What resolution are you using? And do you mind turning some of the graphics settings down or do you have to have em cranked up?

i thought the 570 isnt out yet? but if it will probably be a good buy, maybe the 580 even.

Sorry... I've got a Dell 24" that is native @ 1920x1080. I do not need to have settings maxed, just playable around 60FPS if possible.

Yeah the flashable 6950's really seem like the hot ticket right now. I haven't been keeping up with em though so I don't know if all of them are able to do that still.

I'd say about $350 for a card is good.

Also, this (6950) fits in an antec 900 case?

Well, if you have 11.3" of room in the case it will.. from the measurments I found it looks like it will just barely fit, i had to take out the drive bay of my Lian Li PC60B if that's any indication.

I'd say about $350 for a card is good.

Also, this (6950) fits in an antec 900 case?

I've seen multiple people both here and elsewhere say that it fits but I didn't see any mention of them removing the hd rack or not, so take that as you will.

You can always move the drive bays in the 900 one click forward if you need an extra inch. I've got mine so that they are flush with the front bezel.

Good points on the hdd cages. Sounds like I'll check out the 6950 and then if the 560 is anything special, might give that a gander too.

Thanks for the help gents!

Back