.NET Extension Silently Added to Firefox via Service Pack

All I can think of is 2 things:

1. you told Firefox to copy IE, or
2. you didn't read the final prompt that ask you to set your homepage and search provider when installing something else (most likely Windows Live Essentials).

I've never seen a dotNet Framework update wanting or needing to change your homepage.

Yeah he had to have done something to get his home page changed. Im running a fully updated win 7 with the 1.1 version addon and it didnt affect anything else.

Phide, its a fucking addon for christs sake:rolleyes: they didnt alter the code of firefox they didnt change your personal settings, all they did was install an addon.

Freaking ubuntu installs its own addons to firefox. Get over it and quit with the conspiracy theory bullshit. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to bash MS clinging to the silly reasons dont make a whole lot of sense.

There's another basic law of computing: something doesn't run until the function is called. Silly assumptions aplenty!

Actually... the issue is when is the code loaded into memory, not when is it executed.

You're correct. I flew through the updates on that machine and it changed it with windows live messenger.
I realized it today when I installed the updates on my other two boxes.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back