Netflix Nears Deal with Miramax

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A report from the Wall Street Journal on Friday disclosed a pending deal between Netflix and Miramax, an independent film studio with a library of 700 film titles. This is good news for Netflix on-demand streaming service customers which will significantly increase their choice of films.

It’s not clear when the agreement is expected to close, however the terms for any deal would likely exceed $100 million over five years, sources told the Journal.

Hope it comes to pass soon. I use netflix instant, and while the quality is pretty dismal, its not to bad to watch while multitasking. ;)

and more keeps coming to netflix, lets see how netflix manages their subscriptions, do they keep the dirt cheap ones and more expensive ones to compensate for this or what?

Hope it comes to pass soon. I use netflix instant, and while the quality is pretty dismal, its not to bad to watch while multitasking. ;)

Either you have a shitty connection or are one of those people like like to bitch and moan about every minor issue with quality. I watch streaming and it is fine for me. Most SD looks the about the same if not the same as DVD quality when i watch it. HD looks just as it does if i'm watching it on TV don't have blu-ray so i can't compare it to that.

If any movies or show has poor quaility it is due to the the source from what i've seen not the ability of netflix to stream quality stuff.

Now of course some people will just bitch and moan about the quality of anything if it isn't 100% perfect and will try to find an point out flaws in any picture. These are the people that now can't stand to what normal DVDs without bitching the entire time about how horrible the quality is and how it is unwatchable.

Netflix is an awesome company. I hope they continue to get more titles and selections.

Either you have a shitty connection or are one of those people like like to bitch and moan about every minor issue with quality. I watch streaming and it is fine for me. Most SD looks the about the same if not the same as DVD quality when i watch it. HD looks just as it does if i'm watching it on TV don't have blu-ray so i can't compare it to that.

If any movies or show has poor quaility it is due to the the source from what i've seen not the ability of netflix to stream quality stuff.

Now of course some people will just bitch and moan about the quality of anything if it isn't 100% perfect and will try to find an point out flaws in any picture. These are the people that now can't stand to what normal DVDs without bitching the entire time about how horrible the quality is and how it is unwatchable.

I agree 100%. I have no problems with most of the streaming. It is all comparable to having an SD cable signal.

This is on the heels of Showtime and Starz threatening to drop Netflix Instant since they feel threatened by Netflix wanting to go after original cntent.

This is on the heels of Showtime and Starz threatening to drop Netflix Instant since they feel threatened by Netflix wanting to go after original cntent.

So they whip out their lawyers and calculators instead of getting some people who might have a good idea of how to compete. I LOVE Netflix but damn, even I am a little worried when they are the only ones in town and decide it is time to raise rates over and over again. I wouldn't touch cable with your wallet but this could be a long drawn out kind of interesting.

Starz is pretty much the main reason why netflix has a little bit of decent content...

Showtime... please... only the first 2-3 back seasons of Dexter (5th season is now on air)...

I hope they sign the deal... The more and more content netflix provides, the more content they will get.

Freaking messed up content providers, all want it on "their" systems. Hopefully they will get their act straight and focus on content and let providers handle the streaming.

I would really like to see alternative stream providers other then netflix, but until netflix can break the content providers back to actually get content out there... There is no hope for a realistic competition for alternate stream providers.

I think netflix really has to do a tiered system as well... There is no way you can get lots of decent content for only $8 per month with NO commercials...

I want it be known I would gladly pay 60-80 per month for 1-2 year old content (full availability) without commercials.

Netflix is comparable to SD cable? You should try watching some of the HD movies. X-high on the PS3 looks great! Except the flickering on slow pans.

I love NF, but unfortunately I live in Canada and our choice is crap :/
So I don't really love it!?

Let's just wait and see what the downside is. So far, NetFlix's 'deals' have had bad side effects.

Back