Netflix Really, Really Doesn’t Want Your DVD Money

I have noticed a growing amount of A-list titles on netflix in the last few months. Movies that came out on dvd 3-4 months ago already available on streaming. That being said, I still have both accounts, as I get caught up on True Blood and watch Fast Five tonight.

It should be no secret that any DVD rental enterprise would prefer streaming to mail. My little home server can stream the same movie to 8 users simultaneously... without a stamp. I'm sure Netflix's servers can handle a tremendous amount of traffic and streaming allows them to do away with physical inventory and employees involved in that process.

Netflix's catalog has taken a big hit due to the hardball dealings of the studios and distributors, so they're sort of getting it from all sides. The studios, the potential postal issues, the ISPs and the customers... Will they even be around in a year or two?

And if you want to know who's trying to kill the USPS, just look at which congressional/senatorial campaigns have received contributions from FedEx, UPS and other interests. Just imagine if someone were to buy the USPS from the government. The first thing they would do is strip out the pension cash, bankrupt it, and sell off the assets. The USPS is worth far more dead, than it is alive. If you don't think the USPS is critical to this nations (and the world's) infrastructure, you had better think again.

It should be no secret that any DVD rental enterprise would prefer streaming to mail. My little home server can stream the same movie to 8 users simultaneously... without a stamp. I'm sure Netflix's servers can handle a tremendous amount of traffic and streaming allows them to do away with physical inventory and employees involved in that process.

Netflix's catalog has taken a big hit due to the hardball dealings of the studios and distributors, so they're sort of getting it from all sides. The studios, the potential postal issues, the ISPs and the customers... Will they even be around in a year or two?

And if you want to know who's trying to kill the USPS, just look at which congressional/senatorial campaigns have received contributions from FedEx, UPS and other interests. Just imagine if someone were to buy the USPS from the government. The first thing they would do is strip out the pension cash, bankrupt it, and sell off the assets. The USPS is worth far more dead, than it is alive. If you don't think the USPS is critical to this nations (and the world's) infrastructure, you had better think again.

it absolutely is, i never use UPS or FedEx, overpriced and underwhelming.....USPS is by far the superior service for typically half the cost.

UPS is better for heavier/bigger things (in my experience).

USPS is better for most light/small packages.

you dont have to work very hard to find they still rent DVDs. Every other movie I want to watch, says "available on dvd" and has no streaming option.

Back