Netgear GS724T or GS716T trunking question

JackTheKnife

Limp Gawd
I have a build based on HP ProCurve switches. #2 switch has set VLANs as #1 both of them have own internet feeds and are #1 is trunked with #2 in case one of those internet feeds will fail or switches will fail there is still WAN communication from any of those VLANs.

HP switches (both) configuration looks like

IgvrsQi.jpg

where on red are marked ports which connect both switches (SW01 and SW02) between. Stack port 1/0/22 is not a real "stackable" as both switches works on their own - just a port with a connection between to "feed" SW02 with the WAN from SW01 porst 1/0/23 or 1/0/24

Is it possible to do with 2 of GS724T or GS716?

Thanks

So is your question just if you can do VLAN and Trunking on the Netgear switch? The GS7 series switches should be L2+ switches that have VLAN and Trunking. I personally have not tried this with Netgear, but after a few searches, I think this and this may be what you are looking for? It seems Netgear uses the word "trunking" a bit different than other companies, but those 2 links should hopefully explain what you need to do to connect multiple VLANs over the 2 switches.

Those two links are exactly what I was looking for. Also is interesting that Netgear uses the word "trunking" in a totally different way than HP or CISCO.

Thanks, mate!

Those two links are exactly what I was looking for. Also is interesting that Netgear uses the word "trunking" in a totally different way than HP or CISCO.

Thanks, mate!

No problem, glad I could help!

Thanks, mate!

The Cisco Small Business line ( SG3/5) Series switches operate like the Netgear switches for "Trunking". They work fine until you have to daisy-chain a computer off a phone and both need to be on separate VLANs. I could never get that working correctly with the SG line from Cisco.

Back