Netgear R9000

sh0rty

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking at upgrading my r7000 and falling in line with what I am familiar with is the most ideal target, but open to others....however wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the newest R9000. $500 is steep in my opinion but also not afraid to put money into my network.

For $500? Screw buying a single router for that kind of cash. Get a pfSense box for your router/firewall for $200-250ish, then spend the rest on a couple Ubiquiti APs. You'll have far better wifi coverage, more features and flexibility, and better management interfaces overall.

For $500? Screw buying a single router for that kind of cash. Get a pfSense box for your router/firewall for $200-250ish, then spend the rest on a couple Ubiquiti APs. You'll have far better wifi coverage, more features and flexibility, and better management interfaces overall.
New to pfsense, but after googling...basically a hard-wired network unless I am missing it and then the APs would be farmed via hardwire? If that is the case...too much work and with a new house the wife will not be digging the holes/etc that will have to happen. Unless of course, I am missing something....

I am looking for a one device wireless solution.

New to pfsense, but after googling...basically a hard-wired network unless I am missing it and then the APs would be farmed via hardwire? If that is the case...too much work and with a new house the wife will not be digging the holes/etc that will have to happen. Unless of course, I am missing something....

I am looking for a one device wireless solution.

How big is the house?

How big is the house?
only about 3K sqft, but single floor so covers some landscape....right now our office is near the front so streaming/solid signal in the back is tempting me to add another router to repeat but would much rather a one stop shop.

Back