Network card pr0n..

BrainEater

[H]ard|Gawd
therealkillernic.jpg

:D

Whats the deal with the heatsinks, just for looks or those chipsets really get hot??

oldmx

*fap fap fap*
>_>
<_<

Sorry... I just get that way around copper :p

Is that a temp probe on the thing? If not what is it?

I thought it was a wol cable first, but it does look like a temp probe since it's resting against the heatsink.

I do not think these kind of lude pictures are for this type of forum.

Please remove them or i'll report you ;)

hehe

It's one of 3 Intel pro 1000's for a pfsense router I am building and putting into a 2u rackmount case.

The heatsinks are preventative as the Intel cards run fairly hot and they are getting crammed into a small space.

Yes in fact thats a Dallas 1-wire temperature probe for a matrix orbital LCD.It's attached to the heatsink with thermal epoxy.The entire router will be hardware monitored from a second machine....

BrainEater said:
hehe

It's one of 3 Intel pro 1000's for a pfsense router I am building and putting into a 2u rackmount case.

The heatsinks are preventative as the Intel cards run fairly hot and they are getting crammed into a small space.

Yes in fact thats a Dallas 1-wire temperature probe for a matrix orbital LCD.It's attached to the heatsink with thermal epoxy.The entire router will be hardware monitored from a second machine....

while it's pointless and overkill, i still think it's awesome :D

mike2323 said:
No offense but that seems like a waste.

Is it your first day?

OP: Nice can we get some more maybe full body pr0n shots or something?

hehe.

A waste ? Nah. I have placed the bottleneck squarely on the PCI bus , which is where I want it , and besides , nothing beats the adjustability of an intel pro card.

This router isn't just a home use unit , although that's what it'll be doing 98% of the time.I organize LAN's allatime with my clan , typically between 10-20 people.Our switchgear consists of a pair of Powerconnect 2724's .The two switches are linked to each other via 4x 50 foot cat6 lines in aggregate mode.

The router is being designed to loadbalance 2x cablemodems etc.... and have 2 wireless cards....either for incoming loadbalanced internet when no cable is available (we LAN allover) or , wifi access....

Here's the router specs :

Intel P3 800 eb
Asus p3v4x mobo
512 cas2 pc133
3x Intel pro1000's
2x 'atheros' chipset wireless cards. (I havn't bought these yet....)
WD120 HDD ( now this is a waste....smallest one I could get fast :p )
I have an IDE to CF adapter for it , not sure if I'll use it.

The cpu/motherboard/ram+1 of the intel cards , is the old stuff outta the Thinktank...hehe....it still works , so I must use it for something worthy.
----------------------

Here's a good 'booty shot' and a full frontal for yaz : :D

rebuild3.jpg

-----------------------

rebuilt.jpg

It's still a work in progress but I like network pr0n as much as the next guy so I thought I'd share.... ;)

I see one card without copper and a cpu in a socket :mad:
Still nice :p

Darakian said:
while my eyes have recently been prone to failure, i think that is a slo(t)cket.

Darakian said:
Still nice :p

hehe.....you want the other full fronal. :p

intel5.jpg

Here's why the first shot had a card with no copper ;
When I did the first hardware installs , I discovered the motherboard would not post with more than 1 Intel pro1000 GT's.I tried 3 separate asus motherboards.I'm not sure if this is an asus issue or a 'GT' issue.....but......I switched out 2 of the 'GT's for older Intel Pro 'MT's....And one of those 'MT''s hasnt gotten copper yet.
Worked fine after that.

oH...and yea thats a socket 370 slocket on a slot 1 mobo.

Back