Network problem, please help!

AeriaGloris

Limp Gawd
Hi, in my house there are 3 PCs, all conected to a Netgear WGT624 v3 router.
Earlier today I updated the firmware on the router to the latest (V2.0.16_1.0.1). I also reset the router settings. Now only 2 of the PCs can connect to the internet, although they all get IP addresses from the server. Also, now when I do ipconfig (on any of the PCs) the "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" field is blank, it was not blank before the firmware update.
Any ideas on how to get the other PC to connect to the internet?
Please ask for more details if need be.

Ok I just tried that, no luck. The thing is, if I log on to the router from one of the other PCs, it lists my PC, complete with correct device name etc, it just can't connect to the internet.

ok

in your IP settings you have an IP given to you by your DHCP, subnetmask, DNS and default gateway?

My linksys just recently did the same thing. Go into the router and reset factory defaults.

Make sure DNS is enabled on your router.

Make sure your TCP/IP settings are set to auto-detect IP and Subnet

On the computer that can't connect to the internet, try setting the DNS servers manually in the TCP/IP settings.

I had a look at the DNS servers in the TCP/IP settings and they were manually set (I did not do this so i don't know how that happened). Setting it to automatic solved the problem.

Thanks guys!

Back